THERE'S TALK OF A LL COMMITTEE???

In one of the online meetings with the DNR. One of the gals had a chart with the ages and number of life time license holders. Can anyone find that or have access to that ? Most of us Lifetime license holders are old and dyeing off . But there were a few younger guys on the list.

I don’t recall at the time, but wouldn’t someone have had to have been hunting age and have passed hunter safety to qualify for a LL at the time?

Did they allow people to buy them for babies? I would expect that anyone purchasing one would have had to produce a hunter education number before purchase.

I don’t recall at the time, but wouldn’t someone have had to have been hunting age and have passed hunter safety to qualify for a LL at the time?

Did they allow people to buy them for babies? I would expect that anyone purchasing one would have had to produce a hunter education number before purchase.
Nope, guys bought them for their infant children, not many but a few.

In one of the online meetings with the DNR. One of the gals had a chart with the ages and number of life time license holders. Can anyone find that or have access to that ? Most of us Lifetime license holders are old and dyeing off . But there were a few younger guys on the list.
Old and fat maybe, but not old and dyeing off

Nope, guys bought them for their infant children, not many but a few.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering how one would have purchased a hunting license without a blue card or hunter education number? I had to provide that even before I purchased my LL to get a combination license.

Even so, if someone was born the year the licenses went off the market, that person would be in their 30s now.

And
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering how one would have purchased a hunting license without a blue card or hunter education number? I had to provide that even before I purchased my LL to get a combination license.

Even so, if someone was born the year the licenses went off the market, that person would be in their 30s now.
I would think those that were lucky to have Pops buy them an LL in their infancy, that less than 1/4 of them actually use it.

I was going to buy one for my boys 2 and 4 at the time. All I had to do was put the name on the license as infant son and their last name . When we got there SS card we were told to added that when we had it. I decided not to buy them last minute . Boy am I regretting that now and they are as well. I just told them I didn't know if the would have been piano playing sissies ? I think I saw a few on the list from the DNR that where in their forties.

I dont remember the particulars, but in one of the rac meetings a couple years ago Lindy said there was a few bought for kids that were very young that last year.

Last edited:
I think I saw a few on the list from the DNR that where in their forties.

I can absolutely confirm there are LL holders in their 40s. ;)

But it does strike me odd that a combination license was purchased for someone that had not passed hunter ed. Even in the 90s that was a requirement to purchase a hunting license for anyone under that age cut off in place still today. While I wasn’t old enough to hunt deer when I bought mine, I was already hunting other species in Utah. The young ones here don’t remember when you had to be 16 to big game hunt in Utah, and then 14 before it went to 12.

I'm in my 30's. 😁
Your in your thirty's and have a lifetime hunting and fishing license ? You maybe one of the youngest. Although my boys are 35 and 33 if I had purchased them one. I heard some guy trying to buy for a unborn child. Not sure if he got it past the lady.

Your in your thirty's and have a lifetime hunting and fishing license ? You maybe one of the youngest. Although my boys are 35 and 33 if I had purchased them one. I heard some guy trying to buy for a unborn child. Not sure if he got it past the lady.
Yes correct. Another month and I will not be. I was 8 or 9. I remember my dad asking me if I wanted a truck when I turned 16 or a LL. I chose LL.

Not Trying To Put Any More Money Signs In Anybodies Eyes But!

Maybe The DWR Could Donate One Or A Few LL's & Auction Them Off For BIG $$$!

GAWD I Gotta Quit Thinking Like This!

There Was Another Member A Few Years Ago That Said They Should Randomly PLUCK A Few LL's Back From A Few & Auction Them Off To Highest Bidder With The Original Owners Given The Option To Bid & Get Them Back!

JUDAS!

I Hope Niller Doesn't Read This Till Closing Time!:D:D:D

Not Trying To Put Any More Money Signs In Anybodies Eyes But!

Maybe The DWR Could Donate One Or A Few LL's & Auction Them Off For BIG $$$!

GAWD I Gotta Quit Thinking Like This!

There Was Another Member A Few Years Ago That Said They Should Randomly PLUCK A Few LL's Back From A Few & Auction Them Off To Highest Bidder With The Original Owners Given The Option To Bid & Get Them Back!

JUDAS!

I Hope Niller Doesn't Read This Till Closing Time!:D:D:D

Start with mine! It would be awesome to have real-time value on what will be coming to me in money in addition to my LL back!

Yes correct. Another month and I will not be. I was 8 or 9. I remember my dad asking me if I wanted a truck when I turned 16 or a LL. I chose LL.
Very smart!
I was given similar choice by wife that last year of availability.
It was choice between LL or .44 mag handgun.
It did not make my day.

When I bought mine in Cedar City (#1731) just a few weeks before they quit selling them I asked the women there if I could by them for my unborn children and they told me no. The problem is I wouldn't have known how many to buy. Glad they didn't let me I would have needed to come up with another $2,500 and that didn't count if my future wife wanted one or not but I figured she wouldn't have time to hunt because she would be too busy in the kitchen cooking my dinner.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree we (Utah residents) should only be allowed to apply for one.
It pizzes me off than nons can apply for every one of them for decades and then move to Utah with gobs of points for every specie.
I promise you that when I move out of state and can apply for multiple species there is no way I'm moving back to this chit hole just for better draw odds.

The Force👍 So you get the license plate for my Ford Falcon?
I was 9 when Star Wars came out.
My Mom/Dad and I waited in a line around the block of the movie theatre in SL to see it.
I was a loyal fan until JarJar Binks.
Made me want to puke and that was it for me.

I was 9 when Star Wars came out.
My Mom/Dad and I waited in a line around the block of the movie theatre in SL to see it.
I was a loyal fan until JarJar Binks.
Made me want to puke and that was it for me.
Yeah the reference is to the Millenium Falcon doing the Kessel run in under 12 Parsecs. My 70.5' Falcon wagon is even faster:eek:
I was five when the original Star Wars came out in '77. We had recently moved to Orem from Hawaii and I remember watching it at the Scera movie theatre.

1710098295653.png

Yeah the reference is to the Millenium Falcon doing the Kessel run in under 12 Parsecs. My 70.5' Falcon wagon is even faster:eek:
I was five when the original Star Wars came out in '77. We had recently moved to Orem from Hawaii and I remember watching it at the Scera movie theatre.

View attachment 139442
Trust me, I knew exactly what it meant. Haha
Have you ever listened to Bobcat Goldwaith talk about ‘Star Wars Nerds’? Very funny.

When I bought mine in Cedar City (#1731) just a few weeks before they quit selling them I asked the women there if I could by them for my unborn children and they told me no. The problem is I wouldn't have known how many to buy. Glad they didn't let me I would have needed to come up with another $2,500 and that didn't count if my future wife wanted one or not but I figured she wouldn't have time to hunt because she would be too busy in the kitchen cooking my dinner.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think the idea is to be married first. 😂 Maybe she thought this guy will never get married. 😂😂😂😂

What Engine Is In It Bob?
Right now it’s just a warm 302” but it will soon have a 377” stroker Cleveland with worked over 4v closed chamber heads and a roller cam. Probably mini-tub it because it will be so easy in that wagon. Still going back and forth between a five speed or c6 reverse manual valve body with a gear vendor under/overdrive.
I hope to finish it this year but I’m currently rebuilding/restoring my wife’s f150

Right now it’s just a warm 302” but it will soon have a 377” stroker Cleveland with worked over 4v closed chamber heads and a roller cam. Probably mini-tub it because it will be so easy in that wagon. Still going back and forth between a five speed or c6 reverse manual valve body with a gear vendor under/overdrive.
I hope to finish it this year but I’m currently rebuilding/restoring my wife’s f150
I have three hoods for it. I plan to keep one stock, one with a 429 boss hood scoop, and who knows about the other, might just keep it for a backup.

That's What you Need To Find Is A 429 BOSS/SCJ! ($$$!:D)

I'd Be Careful With The Compression Ratio If You're Planning On Running It On Todays JUNK Fuel?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom