Any good whitetails in 34

redrider88

I'm thinking of buying a type 3 tag in deer unit 34. Just wondering if anybody knows what kind of bucks are in that area.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-11 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]Definitely some good ones if you have access to private property. Know of a 160 buck taken last season. Have the tag myself this year. You'll be hard pressed to find a whitey on public ground...

That sounds about like the area I hunt in M. There are lots of whitetails down in all the drainages and agruicultural private lands, but not a one in the BLM or state lands where we can hunt.

I'm still undecided if I want to buy one. There are leftovers so I have to wonder if it's because the lack of decent bucks in the area. I already have an antelope and type 1, so I'm not looking for just meat. I do have access to some private ground though.

I found out you can't buy antoher full price deer tag if you already have one. Even if one a type 1 and the other is a type 3. There are a few units that you can buy two type 3 tags in the same unit, 34 is not one of them. Maybe next year I will buy a type 3 after I scout it this year.

You might want to re-read the reg's. Here's the actual wording.

For deer, no person shall apply for and receive more than one (1) full price deer license through the initial drawing.
After the initial drawing is completed, any person may apply for and receive up to two (2) full priced deer licenses
provided that at least one (1) license is a Limited Quota Type 3 any white-tailed deer license valid for Hunt Areas
10-16, 18, 22-24, 26, 34, 51, 55, 57, 59, 60, 62-66, 74-81, 88, 138-140, 142, 143 or 161. However, no person shall
apply for and receive more than a total of two (2) deer licenses valid for the taking of antlered or any deer, of
which not more than one (1) shall be valid for antlered or any mule deer.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-11 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]My hunting buddy called the W G&F last week and they said we could buy a type 3. Today both of us tried to buy one but we both kept getting an error message on the web page after we hit submit. Then I seen this.

Full Price Deer
The standard limit for full price deer licenses is one (1) license.

After the draw, an individual may exceed the standard limit with Hunt Type 3 (white-tailed deer) licenses in the following areas (Exception Areas): 010-016, 018, 022-024, 026, 051, 055, 057, 059, 060, 062-066, 074-081, 088 or 161 All Areas are Type 3 only.

Under no circumstances shall a person apply for and receive more than a total of two (2) full price deer licenses.

I'm confussed!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom