Any Grim Reaper Shooters out there?

steepandeep

I have a new set up that I've been shooting this year, and have been grouping tight with my field tips. I shot Grim Reapers last year with my old set up and they flew just like my field tips, was way happy with them. This year when I started shooting them they were all over the place from 40-70 yrds out. I'm shooting the same arrow as last year the Axis 400's, only difference is this year their fletched with 2" vanetec's. Has anyone else had problems with their grim Reapers flying bad at the longer ranges? Could it be the 2" vanes instead of the Broadheads?

your bow is out of tune!

you could probably shoot those with a 1" vane if everything was in spec!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

There are no big bucks in Utah! LOL

Make sure you bow is in tune. Your tune job will really show when you strap on the broadheads.

I had the local bow shop tune it this spring, shot through paper and everything, if thats the problem I better go and get it tuned again.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-10 AT 08:36AM (MST)[p]When you say you are shooting 2" Vane Tecs, do you mean 2" High Profile or 2" standard vanes? I am shooting the 2.5" Vane Tec V-Max's with the Grim Reapers. They are hitting virtually the same at 90 yards for me, roughly 3" low of my field points at 90 yards.

What are the broadheads doing in flight? Fishtailing? Porposing? Where are they hitting compared to your field points? High, low, right, left? If they are consistently off in one direction it will help.

I would recommend getting it tuned again. What you did last spring, could have changed a ton, by now. String stretch from shooting in the heat of the summer has more of an impact than you can imagine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom