Any Idaho hunters interested in Aussie swap hunts?

H

Hunta270

G'day from Australia!

I'm a mad keen hunter who has decided its time for my first international hunts..
I've been invited to stay in Spokane WA for as long as I want with friends and plan to go their in 2015 and 2016.

I'm looking to hunt Elk, Deer, bear and wolf with maybe turkey and a bit of fishing too. I'm seeking any assistance that will help me achieve this and am wanting to swap for hunts over here.

Here in Aus I have access to fallow deer, Red deer, sambar deer, some Rusa and chital (axis) deer on both private and public land across three states. Also heaps of goats, foxes, rabbits, hares and cats. Best thing is over here we have no seasons, no tags or fees, no bag limits and we can hunt 365 days a year!!

I'm also seeking info on Wild Idaho Outfitters as I may book a hunt with them in 2016.. Any reviews or recommendations on when best to book a hunt.

I thank you for taking the time to read and look forward to hearing from you

Cheers

I would probably stay away from this area for a guided hunt, the area isn't really known for quality big bulls. I don't know what your'e budget is, but the best outfitter in the state for big bulls,and some really nice whitetail and mule deer would be boulder creek outfitters.Do not book their back country hunt, but their joseph ranch hunt is as good as you will find in most any state. You can look up their web site and check references, p.m. me if you like. Good Luck.

>I would probably stay away from
>this area for a guided
>hunt, the area isn't really
>known for quality big bulls.
>I don't know what your'e
>budget is, but the best
>outfitter in the state for
>big bulls,and some really nice
>whitetail and mule deer would
>be boulder creek outfitters.Do not
>book their back country hunt,
>but their joseph ranch hunt
>is as good as you
>will find in most any
>state. You can look up
>their web site and check
>references, p.m. me if you
>like. Good Luck.

Thanks for the feedback mate!

To be honest I'm not set on nailing the biggest bull but a nice representative trophy will do me.. Although I would happily shoot a monster:).. The thing that appeals to me most about their "combo hunt" apart from the price is the fact that wolves, bear and deer are all available and the tags are very affordable also due to the area.

I would happily just pay for an elk/deer hunt if I knew someone could take me out for a wolf and bear hunt.. Dunno why but I'm desperately keen on a wolf!!

I have looked at boulder creeks page but will have another look and have a think..

Any more info you have would be great but I'm really grateful for your help so far

Cheers!

Just searched reviews on boulder creek and couldn't find a positive one.. From 2005-2013 too

It's always good to do your'e research before booking a hunt with an outfitter. I have some friends that have hunted with B.C.O., and one hunted the back country,and had a terrible experience,and the other had a hunted the ranch and had a great time.I can tell you if your'e main intention is to kill a wolf,you may be disappointed. They are not standing behind every tree,and when you see the country they inhabit you'll understand.If an outfitter promises you a shot at a wolf, i would look for another outfitter! I would get in touch with the Idaho Outfitters Association as well. Good Luck..

Welcome to the US
For Idaho back country Deer hunts, I would check with Travis Bullock of Mile High Outfitters.
He is a fantastic guide, and they shoot some great bucks in the Idaho Wilderness.
You could also hunt wolf, and elk on the same trip if you wanted.

http://www.huntidahoelk.com/news.html

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips guys!

I understand it isn't gonna be a cake walk.. Especially because I can't scout from over here lol..

I'm not after monsters (but wouldn't say no), just good representative trophies and fond memories to take home so I can dream about coming back..

Hey brdhuntr - I don't have experience hunting wolves in Idaho, but my cousin was rifle elk hunting in Eastern Idaho last fall, and he and his friend saw wolves every day they were on the mountain. In total, they guessed they had seen 11 different wolves (and had seen some of them multiple times.)

Granted, they definitely hiked a ways, but they came away wishin they had tags for them. They may have been lucky, but I'd tack on a wolf tag anytime I was going into the hills in that area... Just in case. :)

Good luck to ya. I hope you have an opportunity at a wolf one day...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom