ANY INFO ON ELK IN UNIT 113

twobears

i WAS THINKING OF AN ARCHERY HUNT IN UNIT 113 FOR ELK AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE ANY INFO. PLACES TO SCOUT ,QUALITY OF BULLS, I KNOW THAT IT HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR 2 YEARS AND WAS WONDERING IF THAT WAS TO IMPROVE QUALITY,OR FOR OTHER REASONS. THANKS FOR ANY INFO. FRANK

They only open that unit once every 3 years. Good bulls, easy hunt, terrible draw odds as 36moose says. Doesn't look like there will be any random draw tags so if you don't have max pref. points you won't have a chance. I see huntin' fool has 113 as one of their top units so those that didn't know about it do now ! GOOD LUCK. Chip

HF ensured that the draw odds are going to be terrible on this unit, that's about all I know about the unit.

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS,I DO HAVE MAX POINTS, SO IT WILL JUST BE A CASE WHERE I HAVE AS GOOD A SHOT AS ANYONE. LOOKS LIKE MOST UNITS WORTH HUNTING ARE GOING TO BE THAT WAY. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS YEAR. FRANK

If you actually want to hunt WYO this year I would aplly for a different unit. Draw odds will be under 2%. But I guess somebodys gotta draw!

For a non resident even with max points, 2% might be overly optimistic. Make sure you pick up a few lottery tickets while yer at it...

I agree, if you want to hunt look elsewhere, but if you can draw it... probably be worth it!! Odds won't be quite as bad, Eastman's didn't even realize the unit was reopened this year and list it as closed!! Just a side note, but things like that make me glad I get huntin fool! Sheesh... isn't Eastman's based in Wyo!?

why don't you just look at the regs to see if the unit is open this year? I don't get all this huntin fool stuff.

I live in NV and usually go over those regs in detail and usually pick out stuff like this. If this was in NV I wouldn't need someone like the huntin fool, but I try to hunt as much as I can in many states. I don't have time to read the regs in that much detail and pick out a single unit that's been closed or reopened in a state like Wyo. let alone know if the unit is worth it or not.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread... from the sounds of it and the sources I've checked and called, 113 will be a great hunt if you can get the tag.

anyone hunted this unit for pronghorn? (27) the lope unit is smaller that the elk unit, most of it being in Campbell co. which isnt really a hot county, as per B&C anyway. But, I've always wanted to hunt the thunder basin.

What type of bulls are we talking in this unit? 320" bulls or are we talking 350 and bigger. Also where can we find out how many tags they are giving out this year in that unit? I have been on that road from gillete to douglas many times and didnt even realize that there were elk in that area. This unit 113 must have a ton of private ground on it or is there some good chunks of public.

Most of the land in this unit falls on mine property access is gonna be extremly tough there is some grasslands/forest to the far west and south, I know there is quite a herd that runs on Norht Antelope Rochelle mine, but there are some big bulls out there that bounce between the mines and the southern part of rochelle hills and between 129 and 126. Unless you have private to hunt or some $$, not sure if the mines let non residents hunt, i know they let some archery on site some of the mines have maps avalable for some of the areas open. I would pass unless you know the area.
John

I have been tossing and turning since the nonres. book came out with that in it ! I am sure everyone knows where he is at but in 08 there was a magazine cover bull there that I ran onto while antelope hunting during archery season !

Pat C.

Oh yeah, there are some big bulls out there. 350 + for sure. Would be a nice tag to have !

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom