Any Luck Archers?

bigcreekmetal

Well do any of you fellas have any stories from the opener of critters taken, or even opportunities lost? Just need something to get the rest of us by who were not fortunate enough to make it out on the opener... This weekend Ill go but that is an eternity away it seems like when I know many others are already out there enjoying themselves.

We had a great opener, no kill, but an awesome day. I really couldn't have asked for better weather for the last day of August.

Bedded some elk on Saturday night at last light. Got ABSOLUTELY poured on that night. And I mean poured on, thankful for decent gear. But it did reset the tracks and quiet the walking.

They weren't talking or callable yet, as expected. I watched through the spotting scope about 1000 yards away as "huntfishfeed" moved in. We tried the hand signal thing but that's always tough. Long story short he got to within 70 yards of a nice herd before the wind switched and blew his stalk. The biggest was a nice 5x5, excited for another week or two when the big guys start to move in.

All in all we saw 2 bears, 3 or 4 small bucks, a few does, some fresh cat tracks and that herd of elk on Sunday. Pics are a pain to upload on this site.

keep at it! We called two bulls in. I missed one (hit a tree). One was bugling really well, the other was silent. Called in one other hunter too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom