Any Minox Users or Opinions Out There

WillPower

Any of you use or have experience with Minox binoculars?

Looking at the 10x42 BD and BL. I think the BD is the better of the two. Also, would be interested to know how these compare to the Vortex Viper 10x42.

Thanks,

Willpower

The Minox is great glass but I cannot comment on how they compare to the Vortex because I have never looked through thier binoculars. But Vortex has an unconditional warranty and that just about makes up my mind for me. Anybody who will stand behind thier product and replace it no matter who's fault it is deserves my bussiness. fatrooster.

The Vortex Viper will be superior to the BL series and against the BD it would be a very very close call, and since you can get the Viper for less, and the Vortex warranty cannot be beat I would say the Viper is the way to go.
If you have the time and want to discuss it, please feel free to give me a call. Always a pleasure to "meet" a MM member and discuss optics.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

I can't talk about the Vortex, but top of the line Minox binoculars are very good. Optically, I rate them as very close to the big three at less than half price. I just got back from a desert deer hunt where I used a new pair of Minox 15 X 58s mounted on a Bogen tri-pod. Outstanding performance. I could glass for hours with no eye strain. There was never a moment when I regretted not spending more money. Doug at Camera land made me a great deal, way less then anybody else.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-07 AT 08:53AM (MST)[p]If you get the MInox you should git the HG's. The HG series Minox Binos are some of the best out under $1000. I think you should save a little extra $ and get these. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair but decided to get the Vortex razors because of the warranty. I have used the VIP warranty a few times and all I can say is WOW! It was fast and more than fair. If you are debating between a vortex product and Minox the warranty should be considered in your debate because it sold me on the Vortex and I am very satisfied. IMHO the vipers are a great bino and you won't be dissapointed with them. Hope this helps

Thanks guys for the feedback, lets see if we can put something on the wish list and see if Santa shows up. Thanks again.

WP

Just bought a pair of minox 10x42 from doug at cameraland for my brother. Compared to my swaros and leicas I could not tell the difference. Best bang for your buck on a euro bino.

Mike

I have used the Minox warranty on my BD10x42BR and they were terrific to deal with. Very good turn around and Rob is very good to deal with.

I liked my Minox bino alot and I am looking at the Minox HG or Vortex Razors next year. Right now, I wish I had the BD 10x42 BRs back but my buddy uses them now, and he won't let me buy them back.

Firehawk

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom