Any MM's from the Lubbock TX area?

antlerrick

Very Active Member
My son is working down there and would like to see about finding something to hunt this fall.
Would love to talk to anyone in this area to help him out..
a*r

I just moved from Knox City Tx here to Ca which was 2 hours east of Lubbock. I went to school at Tech so I know Lubbock real well. Tell him to apply for the Texas regulated hunts. You can get on the website and get the info. They are draw tags for Wildlife Management areas and ranches. Up by Amarillo there are some good hunts over to the east the Matador Wildlife area and some good muleys down in the Davis Mts. If he is there in the early spring there are alot of predator calling contests. hope this helps

I grew up in Texas and hunted a lot. Most of Texas is private property and it costs a lot to lease hunting rights. As mentioned above there are some Game Preserves where you can possibly obtain tags. You are also allowed to hunt on Corp of Engineers property, or you could when I lived in Texas.

Rick, you want to help him out......send him bus fare home!

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

I also went to school at tech. I left that town as soon as I could. Couldn't even stop to piss on the side of the road and some hateful landowner would pull up behind you and put his hand out wanting money. He's only 4 hr drive from the mountains in nm by my house and the elk in our hills will blow your utah bulls outa the water. Deer aren't so great but our elk herd is comparable to the wasatch in every respect with the exception that its easier to draw lol

I hear you on getting him home, but he will be there working until probably the end of October.
Stinky, I never even thought of getting in touch with you...He has been working in Lovington NM once in a while. They are really trying to recruit him to be a rough necker and then he'd have to stay down there for a couple of years.
Is there still time to get NM tags? Thought they were all by draw?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom