Any more news about the 400 bull taken from 36?

Supposedly taken with the governors tag yesterday morning. I talked to a buddy who lives in 36 and got the pic. He said they are still waiting on a true score. Again this is all rumor to me.

53840902000823.jpg

What a nice looking Bull. Hope to see a few more like him on here.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

From what I have heard story is true. It is a very nice bull! There goes the odds of drawing a unit 36 elk tag for next year once word gets out.

Well geez it was alot better picture until I saw the rife in the back of the photo. Then it mad me a little upset. Although people purchase these types of tags you would think that you would try to shoot it with the season thats going becuase its the thing to do not becuase it's "easier" and a "for sure kill". Man that chaps my hind end!!! Nice bull thouth.

talked to the hunter this morning. it is the gov bull. killed yesterday morning in unit 36 at 492yrds, on public land. he said the green score is 410" and change. they think he will be the new state typical after the 90 day drying period.

dont start hating on the guy. if you drop that kind of coin, you would use a rifle too. so stop the bitching.

What are you his mother? I just don't approve of how he was taken and NO I would not use a rifle. I would love to shoot a bull like that with a bow much more rewarding. I still commented on the bull. So whats your deal? Your not the hunter.

Was it a legal season for the tag he had , YES IT WAS, Man remeber what your mom use to say if you can't say anything nice don't say anything.
The guy killed a great bull and you have to bag on his way of taking it,Yes the spear guys hate the archery guys and the archery guys hate the ML guys and the ML guys hate the Rifle guys and Me I love using the Hatchet so I good.

Now back to the post.

That a Monster Bull and Congrats to the hunter that took him.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

That is a dandy bull!

I agree, he took it legally so there is not much to complain about. Even though I am a archery crazy hunter. That is just me.

>talked to the hunter this morning.
>it is the gov bull.
>killed yesterday morning in unit
>36 at 492yrds, on public
>land. he said the green
>score is 410" and change.
>they think he will be
>the new state typical after
>the 90 day drying period.
>
>
>dont start hating on the guy.
>if you drop that kind
>of coin, you would use
>a rifle too. so stop
>the bitching.

Was it near the rez?

What a toad!!! Congrats to the lucky hunter! I can't wait til I have the money in a couple more years to purchase that tag!!! Then I'm hiring mossback and I'm only going to hunt during the archery season, seeing as how that's when the bulls generally rut hardest!!! Its gonna be awesome! Too funny!

I just call em as I see em!

Yes in deed that is a tremendous 36 bull. Locals have seen that bull a few times. This bull was taken in an area not even close to the rez.

heard he came from around Nogal, not sure how true it is. i was up there elk hunting with my dad and the bulls arent responding to calls yet. its to dang hot. the second bow hunt and muzzy hunts are gonna be awesome. congrats to the hunter on that monster bull.

I don't care how he took him as long as it was legal. Who knows? Maybe he was bow huntig too, but who's going to pass on a bull like that if you've got a weopon in your arsenal that can do the job? Not me. Much congrats to the hunter.

Wow thats a mammoth son of a gun, congrats to the hunter. On public land , thats awesome.
Hey Gator, I'm a archery,ML, rifle and shot gunner, just at different times and your right we should just get along...Bull was taken legally , no need to go down talking the man for his choice...

Dammit man, had my eyes on that bull but no way he was going to make it to the last rifle hunt! Several locals have still not confirmed unit 36 but must be true from all the above messages.

Have heard of some heavy ones coming out during bow hunts but kinda light on the back ends.

Please ya'll save at least one for me come the end of Oct.

Yeah, secret though NOT, Unit 36 is out for the draw for the next few years. I think it was 37 next door that had all the publicity last year. Getting to be tough to draw in this territory.

Guess, I need to grow in my judging skills. He is a dandy but looks narrow. I would have him in the 380s. I took a bull out of 36. It is a good unit but that is a extremely rare bull for that unit. Most big bulls there are 290-330 with few exceptions.

Congrats to the hunter for a tremendous bull!! A true once-in-a-lifetime animal. Has some great mass and character in the horns!

With that being said, regardless if the tag is $89 or a pricey $125K, public land or private, I think archery season should stay archery season, muzzleloader should stay muzzleloader, and rifle should stay rifle. I don't think a deep pocket should warrant rewriting the rules.

Be that as it may, as our NM rules state this bull was harvested legally...so again, congrats to the hunter. Tremedous Bull and if it was a 492 yd shot....one heck of a shot!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-10 AT 05:07PM (MST)[p]my buddy jason is a game warden there and verified that its true. prick shootin it out from under two archery hunters! don't know if anyone knew that little gem but there was two bowhunters puttin the stalk on him when this guy shot it. i don't care if you did pay that much money for a tag!

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-10
>AT 05:07?PM (MST)

>
>my buddy jason is a game
>warden there and verified that
>its true. prick shootin
>it out from under two
>archery hunters! don't know
>if anyone knew that little
>gem but there was two
>bowhunters puttin the stalk on
>him when this guy shot
>it. i don't care
>if you did pay that
>much money for a tag!
>
I heard the same thing and don't know if it's true or not.
I've worn out alot of boots and a few horses looking for a bull like that in 36 never have found one. Thats one tough, rugged unit, congrats to the hunter!!

Yeah. Story has it bow hunter was within 80 yards of the bull and this lucky hunter put the hammer on him. Pretty dangerous for bow hunters.

sure was. pretty piss poor outfitter/guide to not know two hunters were up there with them. i think i would have arrowed their tires!!! LOL!!!!

This may be a good reason why rifles shouldn't be used during archery or muzzle loader. It is a safety issue not anything else. If he were to accidentally shoot another hunter that would have made national news. That kind of news doesn't need to be made. Just my $.02

>This may be a good reason
>why rifles shouldn't be used
>during archery or muzzle loader.
>It is a safety issue
>not anything else. If he
>were to accidentally shoot another
>hunter that would have made
>national news. That kind of
>news doesn't need to be
>made. Just my $.02

+1!!

The hunter in the pic reminds me of a celeb or pro athlete, but can't seem to put a name with the face. Any idea who the guide was?

This is another example of how money takes presidence over what is ethically right. Much like LO abuses, Game and fish seem to turn there head when a guy with a rifle is hunting around heavily camoed archery hunters to within single digit yardage sometimes of the animal they are hunting. Guess safety stops where tag abuse stops- at the money. Thank God we have some good orgs helping with this issues.

A little more info.

Just back from last rifle hunt in the unit and most of above is pretty accurate.

Local landowner who had hunted the bull last year was watching the bull's cows moving by him at 40 yards and the bull bugling and following his cows directly to the archery hunter. Rifle shot and the bull drops! Landowner immediately calls in the wardens and they confirm the hunter is legal with his Governor's tag!

Hunter actually came in right off the highway between Nogal/Ruidoso when they heard the bull bugle! Do not know if he knew the bow hunter/landowner was about to stick him or not however.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom