Any other Tikka owners?

• Thread starter NDBadlandsbucks
  • Start date
N

NDBadlandsbucks

Just wondering how many out there have Tikkas, I've had a 300WSM T3 Lite Stainless for about a year and a half now, and just recently bought a T3 Hunter .243 for the wife (and myself too!)

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Yes I have bought 3 in the last 2 years: a ss/syn 7mm-08 for the kids, .270 hunter and a 7 mag ss/syn for me. Short of spending over a grand, these are by far the best rifles out there.Have you put a new recoil pad on your 300wsm?

I BOUGHT ONE IN THE 300WSM, SYN/SS/ VERY ACCURATE. A JOY TO CARRY ALL DAY, YOU WONT NEED A RECOIL PAD MOST LIKELY. YD.

I have one, a T-3 Lite in .223 that I won at a banquet. It's an awesome gun.

Bret M.

No, I haven't changed the recoil pad on the 300 WSM, I've thought about it, just to see what difference it might make, but it's not too bad the way it is. I just shot my wife's .243 T3 Hunter this weekend to sight it in, the 4th shot I fired was right on the money, shot two more for a group and it was under an inch, more like .5" at 100 yards, and that was using factory remington 100 grain core-lokts, what a great rifle! Yesterday I had the wife shoot it at some milk jugs full of water that I set on some of our hay bales out in a field, she's never fired a rifle bigger than a .22 before, we had about a 20 mph crosswind, and the first two at 70 and 100 yards she blew up on the first shot, the last on at 230 yards she hit on the second shot - I was pretty proud of her. She's got an antelope doe tag for early October, and a any doe tag for November deer.

I just got a T3 stainless laminated in .270 WSM. Shot it yesterday for the first time to break in the barrel and sight in. I'm already looking for a better recoil pad! That thing beat me up pretty good, shot it ten times. I found a Sims (SVL) pad, their web site has patterns you can print out. Going to check the fit tonight.
Great gun, shoots very good. Still have to finish sighting in, shoulder couldn't take anymore yesterday.
I am going to Wyo on a Antelope hunt in two weeks, so I need to finish sighting in soon! Also going to NM on a mulie hunt in Nov, unit 23. Also going bear hunting in AZ unit 31 next week. Is this an adequate caliper for black bear or should I take my .308 BAR?
Thanks and good luck to all this fall.
DanBucks

my son has a t3 in .270 wsm. i don't know if you could buy it from him. he loves it. shoots 100 gr hornadys at over 3700 fps without even trying hard. it does kick. especially with 130's and 140's. he did the sims deal and fixed it right up. make sure you get the right one. i bought 3 and the only one that fit the gun they said it would was the tikka. last one i'll ever waste money on. no sense in buying a fitted pad if it don't fit.

Wow, DB sounds like you gat a busy fal ahead of you, good luck on your hunts. I think the 270WSM should be a good black bear gun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom