ANY QUIGLEY SHOOTERS OUT THERE????

Only with my dad's old Coast to Coast single shot bolt action 22lr. I've honestly killed p-dogs out past 300 yds with open sights. Does that count? ?

And Any DUMB-ASS Can Free-Hand that 6.5 Standing Up & Hit The Bucket With Open Sites at 700+ Yards Right?
Pfffft…..any 4 year old Somalian kid can do that.

You really wanna be a badazz you need to hit a tiny ball into a cup from 200 yards. :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of Quigley.....the Technology Committee is working on language for a "Straight Wall" cartridge to possibly be added into the HAMS hunts.

I think the case length/min foot pounds need to be looked at, most the states currently doing this are whitetail states. You don't want guys going after elk with 357 mag lever gun. Sure it will work with some 180 grain loads if you treat it like bow hunting, if you know what your doing. I would love to be able to use my iron sighted model 94 in 375 win. Iron sights leaves everything about equal. 375 win is 2.02 inch case length. 45/70 is 2.10 inches, 405 win is 2.58 inch case length.

Whether it is a 12 gauge slug gun with a rifled barrel or a 45/70. Most states in east have transitioned to this from just allowing slug guns. Mississippi did it but left it at single shot and 35 caliber, apparently no one on the rules committee had heard of the 35 Whelen and people are shooting deer at 400 yards on the "primitive" hunts.

Maybe say no semi autos ? My 450 bushmaster AR15 is a short straight wall but does not really fit with what a HAMS hunt is meant to be, my opinion.

I think the case length/min foot pounds need to be looked at, most the states currently doing this are whitetail states. You don't want guys going after elk with 357 mag lever gun. Sure it will work with some 180 grain loads if you treat it like bow hunting, if you know what your doing. I would love to be able to use my iron sighted model 94 in 375 win. Iron sights leaves everything about equal. 375 win is 2.02 inch case length. 45/70 is 2.10 inches, 405 win is 2.58 inch case length.

Whether it is a 12 gauge slug gun with a rifled barrel or a 45/70. Most states in east have transitioned to this from just allowing slug guns. Mississippi did it but left it at single shot and 35 caliber, apparently no one on the rules committee had heard of the 35 Whelen and people are shooting deer at 400 yards on the "primitive" hunts.

Maybe say no semi autos ? My 450 bushmaster AR15 is a short straight wall but does not really fit with what a HAMS hunt is meant to be, my opinion.
Great feedback, thank you.

The semiautomatic is being discussed, the conflict is shotguns.

i have shot the quigley rifle match in forsyth mt since 2003 and have never seen that guy there shooting, if he is shooting that good he would win the match every year, shooting off sticks on 5 targets and 1 bucket offhand at only 350yds, i call BS. i have only seen 3 people hit the bucket all eight shots for score since i have been going, i hit 7 out of eight shots for score once. 500-700 shooters compete at the match on fathers day every year.

i have shot the quigley rifle match in forsyth mt since 2003 and have never seen that guy there shooting, if he is shooting that good he would win the match every year, shooting off sticks on 5 targets and 1 bucket offhand at only 350yds, i call BS. i have only seen 3 people hit the bucket all eight shots for score since i have been going, i hit 7 out of eight shots for score once. 500-700 shooters compete at the match on fathers day every year.
Interesting......the pistol story made me skeptical.....even more than the quigley story....I assume if he could shoot like that you would know his name...

i will have my mom watch it, to see if she has ever seen him at the Q as we call it, see has only missed one match in 30years.

I have been thinking about shooting at the mini Quigley they have in like September? I want to use my muzzleloader.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom