Any recent off range oryx success?

hntbambi

I'll be heading out in a few days to start my off range oryx hunt. Has anyone done any good lately? Please post some pics to help me get pumped for this outing. Any PMs with recent info would be gladly appreciated also.

hey i am headed out the first through the fifth takin a guy as well would love to hear if anyone has seen much took a kid for a total of 7 days in november i saw very few and the ones we did see we could never seem to get him a good shot he was comfortable with, i have to say though this last month is the hardest i have ever hunted off range for oryx with the fewest results i have spent more hours behind my spotting scope than i thought possible so if anyone has any tips they would be willin to share i would be much appreciated, if ya will be down there hntbambi durin those days let me kno where ya are headed maybe we can meet up and compare notes

I will be out with my daughter ( her hunt ) starting the first.

From what I am seeing/hearing, it has gotten BEYOND tough to catch em offrange. Looks like we will be piling up the miles on the truck and the boots.

Had the youngin' reaching out to 250 on sunday, anything inside that is fair game.

Good Luck to all of you going out this month.

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

I will be out 1-2, 4-6, 10-13, 16-20, and maybe more depending on whats going on. I have a couple spots to look for them, hopefully one will pan out. The Lapua is dialed in and ready to roar.

They are out there. Guys at work were telling me they saw some on the Las Cruces side of the hill in the past couple weeks.

Good luck everyone.

well hope to see ya all out there i will prolly hunt the west side of the range the 1-3 and if i come up empty i may try i few spots on the east side i will be cruisin in a white lifted powerstroke so maybe i will run into ya all best of luck and hope to have some pics posted next week

West Side is gonna be busy today.

Silver Tacoma with 2 grandfathers and my daughter.

Good Luck guys.

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of antelope, and some deer today. But no Oryx.

Beats the heck out of working, and we still have 30 days to go.

Anyone else see any?

NMYB

Wow, how things have changed. I drew 2 times in a row, 3 years ago for off-range oryx and tagged out opening morining both times. Ive heard rumors about it being tougher. Best of luck guys...glass glass glass

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-10 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]At the last minute, I decided to hunt the southern end instead of the west side. I too saw goats, lots of cows, but no oryx. Lots of miles and my Geovids are fused to my eyes by now.

I did add a lot of desert pin-striping to my Avalanche.

Another 250 miles today, and not an oryx to be seen.

Keep on keepin' on.

Anyone else seeing em?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom