Any services in Rachel, NV?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Heading out on my antelope hunt in areas 132-134, 245 and I understand there aren't too many towns or cities in these areas. Is there any gas stations in Rachel? Any body seeing any goats in Railroad Valley along the Quinn Range? That is where were going to start our hunt. Thanks for the info!

Steve

I got my answer...no! Thanks anyway!!! Looks like we'll have to go all the way to Hiko for fuel, ice, etc. Long way out of the way. I guess no one wants to live in the desert!!

Steve

I was out there last weekend. No Gas in Rachel, I would go to Ash Springs. Anyway, we did see some antelope out there, both over toward Tempiute and saw a group with one decent buck out in the foothills about 2 miles or so out of Rachel. There are some guzzlers out there, might try to locate one.

Thanks for the info, hogliver. I think Hiko is closer than Ash Springs and I called, there is gas there!!

Steve

No services in Hiko. Ash Springs is the closest and it is only about 6 or 7 miles from Hiko. But definetly no services in Hiko. good luck with the goat.

Jackrussel- There are services in Hiko. I called a Chevron there today ($4.19 per gallon!!) and they've got a gas station with a mini-market attached to it. From what I'm reading though, I may be better off just driving the extra 6 or 7 miles just to be on the safe side. Who knows if it'll be open!! Thanks for the info.

Steve

The chevron is in Alamo which is another 5 miles past ash springs. Trust me there is no services in Hiko. This I can guarantee. Only homes and ranches in Hiko, with the exception of the post office. You will see.

That is strange cuz I called a Chevron in Hiko and she told me she was talking to me from the gas station. I even asked her the price of regular unleaded and she told me what the price was. I think we'll go to Ash Springs anyway...just to be safe! Am I in the twilight zone?

Steve

Well do me a favor, when you are headed in to ash, turn left onto 318 and drive into Hiko, it will only add 5 minutes to your travel. Then you will see for your self. I can not imagine why she would tell you that, and yes the price of gas today at the chevron in alamo was 4.19 a gal. Anyway good luck with the hunt and let us know how you do.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom