Any success for Dove?

WapitiDave

Anyone have any luck yesterday? We went out west of Belen and then further south to Bernardo but didn't have much luck. It seems alot of Doves are still hanging out in town. Hoping to get out again but not sure where to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, WD

We have had luck out near Corona in the past when the Belen area didn't pan out. Just south of Cedarvale is a very good area. Hammered them near Ancho a few years back. Granted it is a little bit of a drive, but I would rather spend an extra hour driveing than sitting in a field for that hour looking at ants..................

My 5 y/o daughter and I shot our limit last evening. They came in a steady stream from 5:00 p.m. till end of shooting time. Made it a little easier to keep her interest for her first dove hunt. She says she wants to go again tonight.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-09 AT 08:14AM (MST)[p]WapitiDave,

We all limited out here in Texas, lots of birds down in El Paso this year we killed a total of 105 birds between our whole group. Going to try it again today. Good luck to everyone.....

Texasdeerhunter

Texasdeerhunter,

I live in El Paso. Yours is the first good report I'v e heard for dove around El Paso. The tanks out East are either dry or have no birds. I've been hunting out West in NM and it is so/so at best. Where in the world (more or less) were you hunting? The valley? The levee? Anthony?

Stevie,

We have waterhole out east of town. Hunted the lrvee yesterday and limited out. Just too many people hunting, like a war zone.

Jake

>Texasdeerhunter,
>
> I
>live in El Paso.
>Yours is the first good
>report I'v e heard for
>dove around El Paso.
>The tanks out East are
>either dry or have no
>birds. I've been hunting
>out West in NM and
>it is so/so at best.
> Where in the world
>(more or less) were you
>hunting? The valley?
>The levee? Anthony?

Didnt have a chance to get out and do some dove hunting yet,
but some of my cousins hunted the levee around Vinton and did very good yesterday.

Anybody saw the news last night about some dove hunters shooting close to some houses in El paso on monday?

Nothing worth talking about around Albuquerque area anyone tried around Socorro.

Limited out this morining just west of Roswell. Alot of birds around here.Its alot better than it been the last couple years. First time I've limited out in 2 yrs. Anyone else had any luck around the Roswell area? I heard it was pretty good around Dexter and Hagerman also

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom