Any Telluride Colorado Hunters?

cantkillathing

Very Active Member
I took a ride on the side by side up around Ouray and Telluride, Black Bear Pass, and Imogene Pass, lots of high country, but did not see any big game animals up that high, woundering if there are any, would like to go back and look around some more, pretty area, best views and scenery around.

They are there, keep looking. Try over by animas forks if you are near silverton. Or drive around ridgeway around dusk and you will hit one. Lol

My cabin isn't too far as the crow flies, 24 miles.

Last edited:
Had a blow out in my Bronco in the middle of the switchbacks on black bear pass above Telluride many years ago. Once on that pass was enough! But as you say, some of the prettiest views on the earth. Never hunted there

Had a blow out in my Bronco in the middle of the switchbacks on black bear pass above Telluride many years ago. Once on that pass was enough! But as you say, some of the prettiest views on the earth. Never hunted there
That must have sucked, did you hold up people for a while?

That was on the one way section. Don’t recall anyone following us. But I had it changed within 10 mi. Our preacher and his wife We’re on that trip. So, they got an exciting ride

They are there, keep looking. Try over by animas forks if you are near silverton. Or drive around ridgeway around dusk and you will hit one. Lol

My cabin isn't too far as the crow flies, 24 miles.
I hit one on that road years ago. Deer and Elk everywhere when the snows are deep. Drove at night my little kids in the back seat. It was total chaos, after I hit the deer my son says Dad I think I'm sick so I reached into the backseat to get him out and he threw up all over me. My wife just looked at me so I took my shirt off wiped off his mouth with it threw it in the bushes and walked to the back of the car and sat on the bumper and looked up and said Lord I don't know what I have done to upset you so bad but I'm sorry.
Went back to the car and no issues from there on. Worst night time drive all time.

I would go over Imogene any day instead of Black Bear! The views are just as stunning and you don’t feel like you might die ?

But I have only been over Black Bear in a bronco. Prob not as scary in a side by side?

I really like Ophir pass too. Don’t even really need a 4x4 to go over that one. Just wish I had bought some land in Ophir back in the day

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom