Any Turkey Hunters On Here? Kool Pics and Video!!

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
I bit the bullet and created a YouTube channel just so I could share my turkey scouting video with my MM friends!! :D :D

The video was from several days ago, before the season opened. I wondered why I'd never heard so much spitting, then I realized once they cross the 40 yard threshold, it was BOOM! So they never got a chance!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: At one time that morning, I could see 11 longbeards strutting.

Also got a couple trail cam pics to share.

Turkey hunted opening day with my friends Greg and Cameron. Cameron got one about 5 minutes after flydown. Greg and I had close encounters but no shot opportunities. I went back in the afternoon and called one in.

Scouting video attached, Cameron with his flydown bird. And my afternoon bird with version 2 of my turkey tote!

IMG_2152[1].JPG

IMG_4927[1].JPG

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

I’m jealous ……… 36 degrees, snowing with a 35 mph wind here today ! And I have a tag in my pocket ! Nice work, some very nice birds !!!! Congrats

In a dilemma this week. Tennessee reduced the season bag limit to 2 birds, and I have a draw hunt this coming weekend. Plus I've got a good spot on public land. This is the first year this draw hunt has been held since 2019. And I usually have good luck on it.

So, I'm NOT hunting this week so I DON'T tag out before the draw hunt!! Although thinking about sitting in the blind one morning with my camera. Plus, I realized I gotta hunt turkey in more states next year. :cool: :cool:

But I do have a Nebraska Merriam's hunt in 2 weeks,

Kansas bird, some how I managed to kill a turkey with a gun that only shoots 2 3/4 inch shells and not shoot tss or hevishot at it. Gun turned 120 years old this year.

View attachment 108381

View attachment 108382

View attachment 108383
Don't be BS'ing us X7 :D :D , we know 2-3/4 non-TSS won't kill a turkey!! Just messing with you.

Seriously, good you're hunting with a old gun you like. And congrats on the Rio. I gotta add a Rio hunt to my short list of hunts to plan.

Don't be BS'ing us X7 :D :D , we know 2-3/4 non-TSS won't kill a turkey!! Just messing with you.

Seriously, good you're hunting with a old gun you like. And congrats on the Rio. I gotta add a Rio hunt to my short list of hunts to plan.
Must have had a heart attack then ? he's actually a cross but favors a Rio. Was hoping to get an eastern looking bird but I hear those are pretty rare here.

I’ve shot turkeys with 12 gauge 3” magnums. 10 gauge 3 1/2 magnums. 16 gauge 2 3/4 inch. The last turkeys I shot were with an old 20 gauge single shot hammer gun with 2 3/4 inch shells and no bead on the barrel.Never patterned a gun.

I’ve shot turkeys with 12 gauge 3” magnums. 10 gauge 3 1/2 magnums. 16 gauge 2 3/4 inch. The last turkeys I shot were with an old 20 gauge single shot hammer gun with 2 3/4 inch shells and no bead on the barrel.Never patterned a gun.
I've killed one with every common American gauge of shotgun except a 28. Hope to do that Sunday. Then I'll have to find a 24 and a 32 to shoot one with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom