Any Unit 52 Bow Hunters back?

crcountry

Just checking in regarding the northern NM rut activity above 9,000'. Weather been cool or seasonal? This is my 4th consecutive season with a MZ in Unit 52. just interested in general conditions. Is FR87 bridge being worked on west of San Antonio Mountain?
Thanks
crcountry

I was there sep 1-8. Bulls bugled only between 11pm and 5am. Great for sleeping! Pretty sure the bridge project will be done before October 1. The muzzy hunt is great fun, they should be bugling. Have fun

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the MZ hunt has had its ups and downs. Last year the full moon and seasonal warm temps made it tough....although we all had opportunities, misses, and missed shots. 2 years ago we did the 1st rifle hunt, thinking it would be a slam dunk, and it was blizzard conditions with very little rut activity during the 3rd week of Oct. 3 years ago during the MZ was excellent. Each year we killed nice bulls, and it beat the heck out of any CO public land hunt, or even a moderately priced CO trespass hunt (for the same $$). This may be my last Unit 52 for awhile. Time to start drawing a couple premo bull tags with all the PP's I've gathered over the past 10 years.

I just got back, it was the best year I have had there as far as bugles and the bulls responding. Now the ugly! The dang wind swirled so much I got busted every time I would call a bull in. I had a bear a 25-yards and before I could punch my tag, darn wind swirled and it was over.

5-days of hunting I saw 25-bulls and probably 60-70 elk, 1-BIG bear, and 40-mule deer does. Already dreaming of the next one, good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom