Anybody hunt unit 44 I??

M

muleycrazy4x4

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-09 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]My good hunitng buddy drew the early rifle tag and looking for what your thoughts are on what size of bull one would hold out for ? The country is unreal looking HUGH open sage hill sides with pockets of timber some of the best looking country I've seen here in ID. We will be scouting for the next 3 weeks and am looking for any input you might be willing to share. Thanks MC

Disreguard the I in 44 I typo

There aren't a ton of elk in there, but with that tag you should be able to find a good one. As far as size, I am not sure, but I would probably shoot a 300 if I saw one. I saw a bunch of elk up willow creek last year and a couple nice bulls up chimney creek.

I saw a few bulls at first light up willow creek pass the camp grounds back in the mountains on the left side of the road. I have a deer tag and sure didnt see many deer. were you spotting many deer in the unit?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom