ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE FINE/CONSEQUENCES ARE FOR DE-ARMING A LAW OFFICER???

This dude tried to take this cops taser from him. The penalty was death.

This man legally took an officers weapon from her.

It's pretty complicated Elk. Even if you do it legally there is a high likelihood of ending up in jail or the morgue.

I’ve always found it somewhat interesting when I’ve been minding my own business, doing nothing wrong, they make contact and immediately want control of any gun around for their safety. I had a situation the other day with an officer that really irritated me. An officer “contacts” me while at a rural recreation area with my family when getting out of my car in the parking area, asks what I’m doing and immediately asks if I’m armed or if there’s firearms in the vehicle. The answer is always “yes”. At which point they want to seize control of the weapon for “their safety”, until the stop is complete and they are on their way.

Now hang on. What about MY safety? I don’t know you. You know more about me, than I do you. I haven’t done anything wrong. I didn’t ask for assistance. Why do I have to give my gun to stranger when they ask for it for them to feel safe, while I’m standing there not feeling a bit safe, even while having done nothing wrong. A lot of innocent people have been shot by cops over the years, some of which were so far out of line because of a grudge, profiling, whatever, they should have never been issued a badge, much less a gun.

I handed him my ID, my CCP and waited. A few minutes later he comes back and tells me to have a nice afternoon. Wouldn’t ever tell me why I was stopped other than he was just “making contact with people”. Told me not to put my mag back in my gun until he had left ?

I get their safety is a priority for them. They have a hard job, yeah yeah yeah. But when they come up to me, for no reason at all, other than for what it appears that they are bored and then ask for my gun so they can feel safe? Come on. Don’t talk to me to begin with. Why not start there? I know some of these cops go out looking, praying for a MF’r who would, just so they can play hero. When in reality, it’s them who needs to be disarmed for everyone’s safety.

The Basin Is even Evolving!

Seen A guy The Other Day That Was Pulled Over By A Biker Cop!

I Didn't Even Know We Had Biker Cops!

There is no doubt some of that goes on. How much I have no idea.

I will share that in the past I pulled up to to a FS LEO truck and got out to see if they had a travel map.

Yep the next thing was drivers license and registration and insurance.

WTF

Cop walks up to me I don't answer his questions. He wants ID? Fat chance.

They quit treating us with respect so they get none from me. I'm not a criminal and I don't care if they don't know I'm not a criminal. Billions of people deal with strangers everyday with no knowledge of who is and isn't criminal. It's the risk of a free society. Yet we are all civilized with each other. Any cop that doesn't behave like the rest of us is useless.

Another fun story kinda off topic…

I was 1 ‘NO’ away from getting hauled off in hand cuffs by a fed fish cop at BRBR one night when I wouldn’t give him my social security number AFTER I had already given him my full name, DL and vehicle registration. That guy was a complete clown. If I’d had any more PTO left at work, I’d have happily gone to jail that night. I identified myself when asked, presented a valid ID and didn’t play any games with him. Unless there’s something I’m not aware of, a SSN Isn’t required to be given out to an officer.

Another fun story kinda off topic…

I was 1 ‘NO’ away from getting hauled off in hand cuffs by a fed fish cop at BRBR one night when I wouldn’t give him my social security number AFTER I had already given him my full name, DL and vehicle registration. That guy was a complete clown. If I’d had any more PTO left at work, I’d have happily gone to jail that night. I identified myself when asked, presented a valid ID and didn’t play any games with him. Unless there’s something I’m not aware of, a SSN Isn’t required to be given out to an officer.
A SSN isn't required to be given.

I know some of these cops go out looking, praying for a MF’r who would, just so they can play hero. When in reality, it’s them who needs to be disarmed for everyone’s safety.
Troll away, look how well it works in Chicago? You would be the 1st to cry if someone looked at you wrong. Just look at the "peaceful" protests (riots) that nearly burned down more than a few cities. That's what happens when LE are stopped from protecting the public.

Troll away, look how well it works in Chicago? You would be the 1st to cry if someone looked at you wrong. Just look at the "peaceful" protests (riots) that nearly burned down more than a few cities. That's what happens when LE are stopped from protecting the public.
Oh yes, I’m certain none of them look for an excuse to pull that gun.

?

Whoopi asks a question about what the penalty is for disarming a peace officer, and we’ve turned this into a bash the police thread.

And some of you probably use the word “RINO” in your every day conversations! :ROFLMAO:

There are good cops and bad cops, just like there are good and bad in every type of work. The bad in law enforcement do a whole lot of damage, as we can see here.

It was that night.
No that guy said it was. If he would have placed you under arrest for that you could sue him for constitutional violations. An LEO will lie right to your face and say he is going to put you in jail for not doing what he says.

Whoopi asks a question about what the penalty is for disarming a peace officer, and we’ve turned this into a bash the police thread.

And some of you probably use the word “RINO” in your every day conversations! :ROFLMAO:

There are good cops and bad cops, just like there are good and bad in every type of work. The bad in law enforcement do a whole lot of damage, as we can see here.
And that should tell you something about the state of policing in America, Vanilla.

When normal conservative people who want law and order are finally tired of the disrespectful and unprofessional treatment they receive by officers something is wrong with the formula.

I want a well trained, well funded, police force that treats people with respect and civility. I think that's about the most conservative viewpoint anyone can have on this subject.

I’ve always found it somewhat interesting when I’ve been minding my own business, doing nothing wrong, they make contact and immediately want control of any gun around for their safety. I had a situation the other day with an officer that really irritated me. An officer “contacts” me while at a rural recreation area with my family when getting out of my car in the parking area, asks what I’m doing and immediately asks if I’m armed or if there’s firearms in the vehicle. The answer is always “yes”. At which point they want to seize control of the weapon for “their safety”, until the stop is complete and they are on their way.

Now hang on. What about MY safety? I don’t know you. You know more about me, than I do you. I haven’t done anything wrong. I didn’t ask for assistance. Why do I have to give my gun to stranger when they ask for it for them to feel safe, while I’m standing there not feeling a bit safe, even while having done nothing wrong. A lot of innocent people have been shot by cops over the years, some of which were so far out of line because of a grudge, profiling, whatever, they should have never been issued a badge, much less a gun.

I handed him my ID, my CCP and waited. A few minutes later he comes back and tells me to have a nice afternoon. Wouldn’t ever tell me why I was stopped other than he was just “making contact with people”. Told me not to put my mag back in my gun until he had left ?

I get their safety is a priority for them. They have a hard job, yeah yeah yeah. But when they come up to me, for no reason at all, other than for what it appears that they are bored and then ask for my gun so they can feel safe? Come on. Don’t talk to me to begin with. Why not start there? I know some of these cops go out looking, praying for a MF’r who would, just so they can play hero. When in reality, it’s them who needs to be disarmed for everyone’s safety.
Just pretend for a moment that cop was your son or daughter. Wouldn't you want them to do the same thing and ask if you were armed?

You also sound impatient for someone who has a CCP. Might want to reconsider. Just saying...

And that should tell you something about the state of policing in America, Vanilla.

It tells me a lot more about America than it does the state of policing in America.

I acknowledge there are bad apples in policing. There always has been and always will be. In fact, there has never been a time where the bad apples were addressed as openly and aggressively as they are today, but there will always remain bad apples simply because we are dealing with human beings.

But I'll reiterate, your posts are much more of an indictment on America than on policing in America. Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, but we have only ourselves to blame.

Just pretend for a moment that cop was your son or daughter. Wouldn't you want them to do the same thing and ask if you were armed?

You also sound impatient for someone who has a CCP. Might want to reconsider. Just saying...
No I would not want my son asking strangers if they are armed and then disarming them.

It tells me a lot more about America than it does the state of policing in America.

I acknowledge there are bad apples in policing. There always has been and always will be. In fact, there has never been a time where the bad apples were addressed as openly and aggressively as they are today, but there will always remain bad apples simply because we are dealing with human beings.

But I'll reiterate, your posts are much more of an indictment on America than on policing in America. Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, but we have only ourselves to blame.
It tells you a lot about America that normal people want to be treated with respect?????

I'm pretty sure that's universal to almost everyone.

Here's an idea. Start firing the bad apples instead of letting them keep their jobs.

There is so much misunderstanding these days about police and citizen’s interactions. If we try and look at things from the others’ point of view, I think we’d find that neither side is always right. Most of us on here are good folks. Red blooded Americans that respect the law. But that isn’t the case with many in this country today. Police have a job to do. That job involves making contact with people. Sometimes it’s for a violation, sometimes it’s to check things out to make sure a crime isn’t occurring, and sometimes it’s just a contact to say hello or see if people might need any help. The danger to the officer is that they don’t know who they are contacting. The last few years we have all seen the contempt and hatred for law enforcement. We’ve seen officers attacked and some killed. Imagine being an officer walking up to an unknown person… you have no idea if it’s your uncle Joe or someone who just killed his whole family and is on the run. So, you take precautions so you don’t end up dead. Those precautions may include identifying threats such as the person you are talking to, others around, and weapons. Here is how I think of it if I’m stopped…. I realize I’m not a threat to the police. They don’t know that. My gun can be and is considered a threat initially. What I don’t want to happen is for the officer to see my gun before we’ve established a rapport, so it’s the first thing I tell them about. He or she may perceive a threat from my gun and I may find myself looking down their barrel. It doesn’t bother me to think that an officer may be afraid of me at first. I’d be afraid of me too. Once we start talking, I can see the officer’s stress begin to fall as he/she realizes I’m actually a good guy. I still may get the ticket or whatever, but I probably deserved it. Also, if I’m asked to unload or hand over my gun… yeah I’m not a fan of that, but I’ll do it, realizing I probably am dealing with a newer officer. It’s just not a big deal and I don’t understand why some get so worked up about things like that. That’s not to say I don’t know my rights… I do. This quote from another poster, “When in reality, it’s them who needs to be disarmed for everyone’s safety.” Sounds like it came straight from a defund the police rally. Cops have to put up with a whole lot of shizz and never know if they are making it home that day. This post could go on forever when talking about respect, rudeness, egotistic cops, agitators, etc… but this isn’t supposed to be a political forum and I’ll end here… welcome.

I meet strangers every day. They may be a great guy or they may have just murdered a bus full of kids. Who knows. I stick my hand out and say "Howdy". Welcome to the real world and risk that we all assume. Time to grow up put on your big boy pants and quit using the safety excuse for why you get to treat people like crap.

Since it hasn't been posted on this thread... in Utah, disarming a police officer is a first degree felony punishable by 5 years to life in prison... so yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

See post #2

And everything else you wrote is pretty good!

One person demanding respect but seemingly not willing to give it. Odd…

See post #2

And everything else you wrote is pretty good!

One person demanding respect but seemingly not willing to give it. Odd…
Don't make up conclusions because you are out of ideas.

If you read my last post you would see how I give respect to all. Maybe even the person that hurts or kills me one day. That's the risk of a free society.

I meet strangers every day. They may be a great guy or they may have just murdered a bus full of kids. Who knows. I stick my hand out and say "Howdy". Welcome to the real world and risk that we all assume. Time to grow up put on your big boy pants and quit using the safety excuse for why you get to treat people like crap.
It's not apples to apples. I don't know you or what you do for a living, but I'm damn sure you aren't a cop. If you were, you'd recognize that a segment of society hates you, fears you, and perceives you to be a threat. Reaching out your hand to say howdy is great, and many of us do just that. But, if you're wearing a uniform, that's a good way to find yourself in a morgue. Police are the only people in this country I know that are targeted simply for the uniform they wear. (Military also fits that). If an officer just assumes everyone is happy go lucky, they are not fit for the job and they put their lives and others' lives in danger. The risk you assume with your big boy pants is different than the risk an officer assumes. They do it anyway, and my hats off to them.

Don't make up conclusions because you are out of ideas.

If you read my last post you would see how I give respect to all. Maybe even the person that hurts or kills me one day. That's the risk of a free society.

I have always believed you were dishonest, but now it’s clear you’re just simply delusional if you think you give people respect.

Just another topic you speak strongly on without a clue what you’re talking about. Stick to taxidermy forms. At least you might be good at that.

It's not apples to apples. I don't know you or what you do for a living, but I'm damn sure you aren't a cop. If you were, you'd recognize that a segment of society hates you, fears you, and perceives you to be a threat. Reaching out your hand to say howdy is great, and many of us do just that. But, if you're wearing a uniform, that's a good way to find yourself in a morgue. Police are the only people in this country I know that are targeted simply for the uniform they wear. (Military also fits that). If an officer just assumes everyone is happy go lucky, they are not fit for the job and they put their lives and others' lives in danger. The risk you assume with your big boy pants is different than the risk an officer assumes. They do it anyway, and my hats off to them.
That's right. And if you can't handle the risk then don't become a cop.

An officer has training and is armed. He also has protective gear..

I great strangers who may have just murdered someone and I have no training, no weapon, and no Kevlar. You were right. It's not apples to apples. It's a lot riskier for me than it is cops.

And I'm still not rude and disrespectful.

I have always believed you were dishonest, but now it’s clear you’re just simply delusional if you think you give people respect.

Just another topic you speak strongly on without a clue what you’re talking about. Stick to taxidermy forms. At least you might be good at that.
And there you have it.

I didn't say one thing on this thread disrespecting you. You did. You ran out of good ideas and you resorted to childish behavior.

I can also pretend my son or daughter is getting harassed by a nosy cop for no reason other than they are bored.

Impatient? You don’t know me. However, I don’t appreciate prying from anyone when it isn’t warranted. I had done nothing wrong, and he had no reason to believe I had. He didn’t ID my wife. Just me.

No that guy said it was. If he would have placed you under arrest for that you could sue him for constitutional violations. An LEO will lie right to your face and say he is going to put you in jail for not doing what he says.
If I had anymore PTO left for work, i would have let him take me to jail.

If I had anymore PTO left for work, i would have let him take me to jail.
Wow! I feel like if you had more PTO you would drive to Texas and take tristate out on a date!
I've never had a bad experience with LE... treat them with respect, they respect you back. It seems as though you two start straight off with attitude and get it right back....what a surprise!

Wow! I feel like if you had more PTO you would drive to Texas and take tristate out on a date!
I've never had a bad experience with LE... treat them with respect, they respect you back. It seems as though you two start straight off with attitude and get it right back....what a surprise!
You might want to go back and read what I typed. I don't treat cops any different than anyone. I stick my hand out and tell them howdy. The next move is theirs.

Outside of when I was a stupid teenager I have only had one slightly bad experience with a cop and I mean slightly.
When a cop has pulled me over it is because I deserved to be pulled over (speeding). I always say hello officer and have a good day officer.

You might want to go back and read what I typed. I don't treat cops any different than anyone. I stick my hand out and tell them howdy. The next move is theirs.
Sometimes I wish one of your two brain cells would take over and make a rational statement. All of your posts above are mindless drivel, typed out to try to prove you think you are above the law and all cops are bad. It’s tiresome.

For Some Reason?

The Cops I've Dealt With Were Never In A Very Good Mood?

The One Cop I've Gotta Give Alot Of Credit To (Actually 2 Cops Involved In a ROUND-ABOUT Way!)

Told Me He Couldn't Even Give Me A Warning Ticket For What I Had Done Because It Would Cost Him His Job!:D

I can also pretend my son or daughter is getting harassed by a nosy cop for no reason other than they are bored.

Impatient? You don’t know me. However, I don’t appreciate prying from anyone when it isn’t warranted. I had done nothing wrong, and he had no reason to believe I had. He didn’t ID my wife. Just me.
Take a deep breath man. mtmuley

I believe this statement. And therein lies the problem!
Actually that's not a problem. But I don't look down my nose at people.

Making another thread about me doesn't change the fact that this gap between cops and the public is getting wider and wider because more and more cops treat more and more citizens with disrespect. People aren't stupid. They know when the people who are supposed to serve them betray them.

Go ahead and fire away at me, it won't do anything to actually deal with a real problem.

Last edited:
And here Tri is solving all the world’s problems by posting in the Utah forum to the 17 people that read this!

Goodness you’re delusional. Go away. I have zero doubt any attitude you get form a cop is well deserved. You earned it little man.

And here Tri is solving all the world’s problems by posting in the Utah forum to the 17 people that read this!

Goodness you’re delusional. Go away. I have zero doubt any attitude you get form a cop is well deserved. You earned it little man.
Still just talking about me and hoping nobody will notice the broken relationship between police and the public is a result of bad and even criminal behavior of police and the refusal of government to deal with it.

Maybe you are part of that problem Vanilla and that's why you hope to adjust the microscope onto me.

Yep. I’m personally responsible for any strained relationship with police in society in America today. And you are saving it all in this thread! Not all heroes wear capes, tri. Thanks for your service!

Or maybe, it’s just you being a disrespectful little man to police and them being mean to you in return and you pouting like a baby.

One or the other of those two paragraphs is accurate. I’ll let people draw their own conclusions. You took a thread where someone asked the penalty for a crime and made it your own personal pity party soap box about hating police and wondering why they don’t show you the respect you feel you can demand. Go cry about this in the Texas forum.

After working with law enforcement for a bit of time....I can almost guarantee you that you will not ever win "disarming" any LE. You will either get super lucky and be gang banged by about 15 officers and whoever else shows up, or if you're not so lucky you're gonna spring alot of leaks in a short amount of time. The ONLY way you would win that situation is going through the court systems to get them fired and their badge and gun stripped.

After working with law enforcement for a bit of time....I can almost guarantee you that you will not ever win "disarming" any LE. You will either get super lucky and be gang banged by about 15 officers and whoever else shows up, or if you're not so lucky you're gonna spring alot of leaks in a short amount of time. The ONLY way you would win that situation is going through the court systems to get them fired and their badge and gun stripped.
Security guard at a parking garage doesn’t count as “law enforcement”, but I applaud your effort in an attempt at feeling relevant.

Do you naturally suck at reading comprehension? Or do you like to only read half of a conversation?

Yep. I’m personally responsible for any strained relationship with police in society in America today. And you are saving it all in this thread! Not all heroes wear capes, tri. Thanks for your service!

Or maybe, it’s just you being a disrespectful little man to police and them being mean to you in return and you pouting like a baby.

One or the other of those two paragraphs is accurate. I’ll let people draw their own conclusions. You took a thread where someone asked the penalty for a crime and made it your own personal pity party soap box about hating police and wondering why they don’t show you the respect you feel you can demand. Go cry about this in the Texas forum.
Still just wanting to make something about me instead of deal with the real problem.

Hoping nobody will notice you sat and did nothing while law enforcement across America just slowly rots. What people are figuring out is that all of government is shifting towards an us and them attitude. You make it blatantly obvious with your posts Vanilla. If someone doesn't submit to you it's just one childish accusation after another. Unfortunately the police are the most common contact people have with their government.

Dam, some of you have had bad luck with police. My only contact with them is traffic, game and fish encounters and a few job site issues. As far as traffic, I am cited about half the time, the other I’m let go so it doesn’t always go my way. I see a lot of talk of rights here but no talk of responsibility. I guess I’m an idiot because I have no problem showing my ID at any encounter I see it as a responsibility. If I sense it’s going to go sideways, I will shut my mouth and let them take me in and handle it then. I see someone talking about getting respect while not giving any. That’s probably where the disdain for police come from. You already don’t like them from the start and get a little butt hurt if they don’t kiss your ass and patronize you from the first words they speak. I have had plenty of dićk cops deal with me and I have thick enough skin to take some chit and not want them to loose their job or complain my way to the top. I had some yell and scream profanities at me too. It wasn’t the end of the world for me, and didn’t go looking for a lawyer. Maybe the ones that have all this hate have never had their ass kicked or lost a fight before. A good ass kicking for a man can do wonders for their attitude.

Dam, some of you have had bad luck with police. My only contact with them is traffic, game and fish encounters and a few job site issues. As far as traffic, I am cited about half the time, the other I’m let go so it doesn’t always go my way. I see a lot of talk of rights here but no talk of responsibility. I guess I’m an idiot because I have no problem showing my ID at any encounter I see it as a responsibility. If I sense it’s going to go sideways, I will shut my mouth and let them take me in and handle it then. I see someone talking about getting respect while not giving any. That’s probably where the disdain for police come from. You already don’t like them from the start and get a little butt hurt if they don’t kiss your ass and patronize you from the first words they speak. I have had plenty of dićk cops deal with me and I have thick enough skin to take some chit and not want them to loose their job or complain my way to the top. I had some yell and scream profanities at me too. It wasn’t the end of the world for me, and didn’t go looking for a lawyer. Maybe the ones that have all this hate have never had their ass kicked or lost a fight before. A good ass kicking for a man can do wonders for their attitude.
Awful lot of assumptions there from an unwillingness to read.

Here's an idea. If people don't have the same opinion as you it might mean they have completely different experiences than you and that isn't a bad thing.

Security guard at a parking garage doesn’t count as “law enforcement”, but I applaud your effort in an attempt at feeling relevant.
Man, you know all about my life.....have you been stalking me?? Cause I never even knew I was a security guard. Only a firefighter, emt, the a 911 dispatcher...weird......weird weird weird how I forgot about the security guard in there.

Man, you know all about my life.....have you been stalking me?? Cause I never even knew I was a security guard. Only a firefighter, emt, the a 911 dispatcher...weird......weird weird weird how I forgot about the security guard in there.
Couldn’t make the cut for any of those 3 jobs huh? That’s too bad. Good thing McDonald’s is always hiring.

Btw, only 1 of those MIGHT count as law enforcement, depending on your position. But I doubt you filled that role.

Again, great attempt at relevance.

Couldn’t make the cut for any of those 3 jobs huh? That’s too bad. Good thing McDonald’s is always hiring.

Btw, only 1 of those MIGHT count as law enforcement, depending on your position. But I doubt you filled that role.

Again, great attempt at relevance.
Never said I worked for LE. Said I worked with them. And did all that for 7 years before I got married and moved and started a new career, thanks for your concern though!

I see a lot of talk of rights here but no talk of responsibility.

This is a very astute observation. I have dealt with more people complaining about this type of stuff than just about anyone that is not actually in law enforcement. 90% of the time it’s a person that is just not willing to take responsibility for what they have done and need to complain about someone else. 10% of the time there was a real issue with the cop that needed to be addressed.

Corruption in policing used to be 100 times worse than it is today. It still exists, no doubt, but there has never been a time where we can shed more light on it, expose it, and take care of the problem. These things used to be almost entirely unchecked, yet Texans weren’t shouting from the rooftops about what victims they are because a cop was mean them. Never has there been a time where policing is more scrutinized than it is today. That’s a good thing. As I posted above, threads like these say a lot more about where we’ve devolved as a society in America than they do about cops.

We (Americans) used to look at ourselves in the mirror first and own our actions before blaming others. We used to have a measure of grace for the mistakes others make and realize we aren’t perfect either, and get on with our lives. Now people just want to be Karens and claim how wronged they were because they got a speeding ticket for going 23 miles per hour over the speed limit, and the officer didn’t apologize in the process so therefore the Karen is a victim.

Yeah, it’s pretty pathetic where we’ve found ourselves, but here we are! Some posts here are a great example of how far we’ve fallen. Heaven help us all.

IMG_8469.jpeg

I wish Founder would set the height limit at 60 inches for the Utah forum.

Hey look the police like treating people with brain damage like crap. Just more "Karens" again I guess.

This cop murdered someone before doing this. He must have thought it was 2 for Tuesday.

You think they handled these "Karens" got the justice they deserved Vanilla?

Not a single living thing walked out of this house alive. All the video is gone and they can't even get the trial going 4 years later.

For Some Reason?

The Cops I've Dealt With Were Never In A Very Good Mood?

The One Cop I've Gotta Give Alot Of Credit To (Actually 2 Cops Involved In a ROUND-ABOUT Way!)

Told Me He Couldn't Even Give Me A Warning Ticket For What I Had Done Because It Would Cost Him His Job!:D
Yes because she was under 14

I think she settled for $500,000. That’s a great payday for a days worth of being detained and going through such an inconvenience.
You consider that an "inconvenience "?

Being dragged out of your work by a 200 pound child in front of your peers is an inconvenience????

It should have been that cops pension for settlement. Instead it's a bunch of taxpayers.

You consider that an "inconvenience "?

Being dragged out of your work by a 200 pound child in front of your peers is an inconvenience????
I’m not saying they were right. I would be stupid, but look at what it did for her. One of the best paychecks she will ever get. At the end, she didn’t have any injuries like less any teeth or a shiner, was just as functioning, mobile and healthy as she was the day before, had the sympathy of her co workers and all other kinds of positives. Sign me up for that kind of day with that payout and support and I’m happy.

It would be interesting to hear from her and weather or not she would want it to be any different. $500,000 or no $500,000?

Lots of facts about the nurse case shorty doesn’t even know about that makes it a whole lot worse than he even believes it is. He continues to post about things he doesn’t understand. That comes as a shock to nobody.

Guy did get fired. 20 years ago he wouldn’t have even been written up. Again, that’s a good thing.

Just think if you wouldn’t have posted on this thread! None of this would be possible. Truly our savior. Keep up your service. We truly need you.

I’m not saying they were right. I would be stupid, but look at what it did for her. One of the best paychecks she will ever get. At the end, she didn’t have any injuries like less any teeth or a shiner, was just as functioning, mobile and healthy as she was the day before, had the sympathy of her co workers and all other kinds of positives. Sign me up for that kind of day with that payout and support and I’m happy.

It would be interesting to hear from her and weather or not she would want it to be any different. $500,000 or no $500,000?
Another way to look at it is if a person without a badge did that to a woman any one of those bystanders could have legally taken out a pistol and blown that guys head off. And never been indicted. It is even likely that in this exact instance a bystander would have been acquitted for shooting this maniac with his badge on.

Now why would a society ruled by law allow that response be legal if this is just a nice "paycheck" for this lady?

Lots of facts about the nurse case shorty doesn’t even know about that makes it a whole lot worse than he even believes it is. He continues to post about things he doesn’t understand. That comes as a shock to nobody.

Guy did get fired. 20 years ago he wouldn’t have even been written up. Again, that’s a good thing.

Just think if you wouldn’t have posted on this thread! None of this would be possible. Truly our savior. Keep up your service. We truly need you.
Here's the problem. we know he was beating women like that for years. This is the one time he got unlucky and someone filmed it.

Nothing would have happened to him this time if someone didn't have the camera rolling.

According to you this cop can treat all the Karens like spit if he wants to and nothing ever happens to him. Ever. He can murder people. He can abuse women.

Maybe, you'll do something about it when he finally does it on camera. Maybe.

You don't get it. There thousands upon thousands of videos of cops treating people like Vanilla treats people. And dozens more get put on the internet everyday. And what's the solution? Attack the victims. Call them names. Check in with me again in a decade Vanilla. Let me know how well that strategy worked for society.

I saw the video and there was never a threat of death to anyone. You seem like a smart person so I would think you would look at intent. Does the cop detaining someone have the same intent as some stranger unrelated to the incident putting their hands on someone?

Now why would a society ruled by law allow that response be legal if this is just a nice "paycheck" for this lady?

The matter has been closed. He lost his job, she got paid. What problem do you have here? Do you want more punishment for him? I remember you defending others from people here that wanted the other person to loose their livelihoods from mistakes made. She was never hurt, remember that. Use your outrage more selectively.

You don't get it. There thousands upon thousands of videos of cops treating people like Vanilla treats people. And dozens more get put on the internet everyday. And what's the solution? Attack the victims. Call them names. Check in with me again in a decade Vanilla. Let me know how well that strategy worked for society.

I can’t argue that there are lots of those videos out there. I think those are what you want to see or are most interested in. A positive police video is boring for you. Try it out though. Pick uplifting police videos or ones where they are faced with ugliness and come through and everyone is ok. I know it will confuse your history, but you could be better in arguments if you posted a few of those. Since you don’t, I see you as close minded about the topic.

You might think about becoming one of those auditors that go places and look for reactions from cops all while being crappy to them and talking down to them.

"I saw the video and there was never a threat of death to anyone."

Yes there was. When an armed man is physically assaulting someone outside the boundaries of law, He is a physical threat. %100.

"Does the cop detaining someone have the same intent as some stranger unrelated to the incident putting their hands on someone?"

Once he is operating outside the boundaries of his authority and breaking the law, WHICH HE WAS, his intent can no longer be assumed to be righteous.

"The matter has been closed. He lost his job, she got paid. What problem do you have here? "

My problem is its one more person Vanilla likes to call a "Karen".

"Do you want more punishment for him?"

I want the punishment to actually come from him and not the taxpayers. They have to pay the $500k. Not him.

" I remember you defending others from people here that wanted the other person to loose their livelihoods from mistakes made. She was never hurt, remember that. Use your outrage more selectively."

I have never once ever said a person should not be prosecuted for the crimes they commit. I have never once said a man violently assaulting a woman, while in the commission of his job, should not loose his job. You aren't comparing apples to apples.

She was hurt and it did cost her money. Don't act like it didn't.

"I can’t argue that there are lots of those videos out there. I think those are what you want to see or are most interested in. A positive police video is boring for you. Try it out though. Pick uplifting police videos or ones where they are faced with ugliness and come through and everyone is ok. I know it will confuse your history, but you could be better in arguments if you posted a few of those. Since you don’t, I see you as close minded about the topic."

I watch all kinds of videos. The reason I post those videos is to show there is a real problem facing policing in America. Standing back and calling the people who speak up "Karens", like Vanilla does, will never ever ever fix it. In fact it will only perpetuate the tail spin we are already in. Vanilla thinks you solve problems by attacking victims. That's pretty much lock step with these idiots in these videos.

"You might think about becoming one of those auditors that go places and look for reactions from cops all while being crappy to them and talking down to them."

I don't like what those people do either. But its indicative of the problem I have been describing. That's a sign we are still pretty early in the tailspin. I don't lie to you. I told you how I treat cops. Just like anyone else. I tell them "howdy" and stick my hand out.

Yes there was. When an armed man is physically assaulting someone outside the boundaries of law, He is a physical threat. %100.

Not a deadly threat. Lots of times there is confusion and not the threat of violence. Sorry you can’t see that. I’m armed a lot and I would hate for people to think I’m a threat of any kind. Even if I get into an altercation or disagreement doesn’t mean bullets are going to fly.

Once he is operating outside the boundaries of his authority and breaking the law, WHICH HE WAS, his intent can no longer be assumed to be righteous.

That’s where our emotions screw up things. Sometimes we want to think the worst of someone that doesn’t think the way we do. He had a lapse of judgment. Poor decision making, not righteous, but not deadly. We deal with something not righteous all the time and still find a way to move on instead of letting it consume us.

have never once ever said a person should not be prosecuted for the crimes they commit. I have never once said a man violently assaulting a woman, while in the commission of his job, should not loose his job. You aren't comparing apples to apples.

I have read your posts for years. You are one of the few on here I actually want to hear out if you can believe that. I skip over tons of members here but slow down on yours. You have never said a person shouldn’t be prosecuted, true. You do have a way of considering judgements to be the end of the matter though. I have seen you defend the convicted when others say it’s not enough. Do that here.

She was hurt and it did cost her money. Don't act like it didn't.

Show me then. How much it cost her? $500,000, probably $385,000 net would pay for a few bruises for me and then some. It’s about the best settlement you can get for something like this.

Because someone filmed it…

Uhhh, those are police body cams sport! I love body cams, even if they don’t always tell the full story. More information is always better than less. Which is why tristate sucks at all this!

You’d think he’d learn on these topics he’s out of his league from the years of experience looking silly and being wrong. Nope — he doesn’t learn.

"Not a deadly threat. Lots of times there is confusion and not the threat of violence. Sorry you can’t see that. I’m armed a lot and I would hate for people to think I’m a threat of any kind. Even if I get into an altercation or disagreement doesn’t mean bullets are going to fly."

You aren't violently abusing a woman. That's a deadly threat. That's what this cop did.

"That’s where our emotions screw up things. Sometimes we want to think the worst of someone that doesn’t think the way we do. He had a lapse of judgment. Poor decision making, not righteous, but not deadly. We deal with something not righteous all the time and still find a way to move on instead of letting it consume us."

During the attack absolutely no one knows where its going next and it can become deadly in under a second. That's reality. We aren't consumed by it but we are forced to handle it.

"I have read your posts for years. You are one of the few on here I actually want to hear out if you can believe that. I skip over tons of members here but slow down on yours. You have never said a person shouldn’t be prosecuted, true. You do have a way of considering judgements to be the end of the matter though. I have seen you defend the convicted when others say it’s not enough. Do that here."

I'm treating this exactly like I have treated everything else. I'm not saying that man should never be able to have a job again. I'm not saying he should rot in prison forever. The only thing that I disagree with is that the taxpayers, WHO IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM ATTACKED THIS WOMAN, should not be the ones who have to pay money for his mistakes. I don't think that is unreasonable even though it had nothing to do with why I posted it.

"Show me then. How much it cost her? $500,000, probably $385,000 net would pay for a few bruises for me and then some. It’s about the best settlement you can get for something like this."

I don't have access to the evidence. They don't hand out monetary judgements like this unless they can show a breakdown of actual costs. I will even be honest with you and tell you more than likely the largest percentage of those costs were more than likely lawyer fees. Both for criminal defense and Civil litigation.

Because someone filmed it…

Uhhh, those are police body cams sport! I love body cams, even if they don’t always tell the full story. More information is always better than less. Which is why tristate sucks at all this!

You’d think he’d learn on these topics he’s out of his league from the years of experience looking silly and being wrong. Nope — he doesn’t learn.
I really have no idea what your point is. Are you saying police body cams aren't someone filming it?

And are you saying no one else filmed it? I'm pretty sure they actually say the hospital filmed it also.

You are grasping at straws after verbally abusing victims.

You aren't violently abusing a woman. That's a deadly threat. That's what this cop did.

That’s good the rest of the people there didn’t see it as deadly or abusive, but as a fuk up that’s going to not go well for him. You probably agree that if someone reacted and shot someone, that would be bad? Do you have the self control to not fire in that situation? The cop clearly did. He was detaining her, plain and simple. Wrong as it was, he was doing just that, detaining. As many videos as you watch, you will notice that the person being detained usually doesn’t want to be. Sometimes there is a lot of drama, but still a long ways from violence or abuse.

During the attack absolutely no one knows where its going next and it can become deadly in under a second. That's reality. We aren't consumed by it but we are forced to handle it.

Attack or detainment? I know it was wrong, but was it an actual attack? She was forced to handle it, but the hundreds of thousands of dollars helped a little. She didn’t have to deal with it on her own. She has it better than other victims.

don't have access to the evidence. They don't hand out monetary judgements like this unless they can show a breakdown of actual costs. I will even be honest with you and tell you more than likely the largest percentage of those costs were more than likely lawyer fees. Both for criminal defense and Civil litigation.

So you don’t know. Fair enough, just don’t make the statement that it cost her anything. I see only a gain.

Maybe there is a lesson here. The time I was yelled obscenities by the police, it could have been worth a few hundred or thousand dollars for my inconvenience and hurt feelings and the fact that I deserve better than what I did. I wasn’t hurt, but it was very unpleasant. It turned out that it was the passenger they needed and since I was driving, I got a lot of focus. I should remember in case that happens again. I love to get paid!

"That’s good the rest of the people there didn’t see it as deadly or abusive, but as a fuk up that’s going to not go well for him."

Actually pretty much everyone there saw it as abuse. People confronted him there and were threatened by him at the scene.

" You probably agree that if someone reacted and shot someone, that would be bad? Do you have the self control to not fire in that situation? The cop clearly did."

No doubt it would be a bad situation but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't necessarily be justified under the circumstances.

" He was detaining her, plain and simple. Wrong as it was, he was doing just that, detaining. As many videos as you watch, you will notice that the person being detained usually doesn’t want to be. Sometimes there is a lot of drama, but still a long ways from violence or abuse."

Incorrect. He was arresting her and there is a difference. He was also arresting her in retaliation, which is a violation of her 4th amendment rights. Then he was abusive to someone which he illegally arrested which may constitute a 14th amendment violation (excessive force).

"Attack or detainment? I know it was wrong, but was it an actual attack? She was forced to handle it, but the hundreds of thousands of dollars helped a little. She didn’t have to deal with it on her own. She has it better than other victims."

Attacked. Yes it was an actual attack. The courts agreed and the officer lost his qualified immunity. I agree that she had it better than his other victims and that is sad. I believe this wasn't the first time this cop behaved this way. He wasn't a rookie. More than likely others got similar illegal treatment from him in the past and received no justice at all. And that's my point to Vanilla and others. For probably hundreds of people over a span of decades this dirty cop was the face of policing for them. Not just this one unlucky nurse. THAT MATTERS.

"So you don’t know. Fair enough, just don’t make the statement that it cost her anything. I see only a gain."

I do know that they don't pay those settlements unless real evidence of cost is being produced to the courts. You don't get settlements for hurt feelings.

"Maybe there is a lesson here. The time I was yelled obscenities by the police, it could have been worth a few hundred or thousand dollars for my inconvenience and hurt feelings and the fact that I deserve better than what I did. I wasn’t hurt, but it was very unpleasant. It turned out that it was the passenger they needed and since I was driving, I got a lot of focus. I should remember in case that happens again. I love to get paid!"

There's a big difference between that and getting dragged out of your work in hand cuffs while legally trying to protect people. But if you have an officer yelling obscenities at you for no reason I do encourage you to file a formal complaint with his department. I hope they don't treat you like the guy in the video posted above and try and put you in prison for some one else's crime.

We’re talking in circles, I’m not sure how much more I will reply to. No offense to you, I kind of like a good argument and you do it well. Just remember this, If people don't have the same opinion as you it might mean they have completely different experiences than you and that isn't a bad thing.

Actually pretty much everyone there saw it as abuse. People confronted him there and were threatened by him at the scene.

At the time he probably thought she was obstructing and was outnumbered by others. Goes back to intent. He didn’t go into the hospital and pick her at random to violate her rights and be put into a situation with others are at risk. Bad decision, and he paid. It’s no different than a cop making an arrest or detainment in the face of a mob. Sometimes the job call for aggression. He got it wrong. Just like my encounter. I was next to the dude and had to be treated like I was a bad guy, at least for a small amount of time.

It would be interesting to see how you and I would handle some of these things if we were in it every day. I will be honest, I think I would react poorly to a lot of them. It would definitely be a test of patience. You may handle it very professionally 100% of the time.

There's a big difference between that and getting dragged out of your work in hand cuffs while legally trying to protect people. But if you have an officer yelling obscenities at you for no reason I do encourage you to file a formal complaint with his department. I hope they don't treat you like the guy in the video posted above and try and put you in prison for some one else's crime.

What’s a gun pointed at you worth for a small amount of time? That’s a deadly encounter right? Should I get any money for that? I wasn’t at work doing my duty, but should there be any consequences for them? I didn’t think so. I didn’t get nor did I expect an apology. At the end I was more embarrassed about being with a fuk up.

We’re talking in circles, I’m not sure how much more I will reply to. No offense to you, I kind of like a good argument and you do it well. Just remember this, If people don't have the same opinion as you it might mean they have completely different experiences than you and that isn't a bad thing.

At the time he probably thought she was obstructing and was outnumbered by others. Goes back to intent. He didn’t go into the hospital and pick her at random to violate her rights and be put into a situation with others are at risk. Bad decision, and he paid. It’s no different than a cop making an arrest or detainment in the face of a mob. Sometimes the job call for aggression. He got it wrong. Just like my encounter. I was next to the dude and had to be treated like I was a bad guy, at least for a small amount of time.

It would be interesting to see how you and I would handle some of these things if we were in it every day. I will be honest, I think I would react poorly to a lot of them. It would definitely be a test of patience. You may handle it very professionally 100% of the time.

What’s a gun pointed at you worth for a small amount of time? That’s a deadly encounter right? Should I get any money for that? I wasn’t at work doing my duty, but should there be any consequences for them? I didn’t think so. I didn’t get nor did I expect an apology. At the end I was more embarrassed about being with a fuk up.
I actually don't feel like I'm in an argument. Its just how grown ups can talk to each other. Unlike Vanilla.

As for what a gun being pointed at you is worth, I don't know. If you can prove it cost you a certain amount of money plus the legal fees to prove it then its worth that much. Maybe worth a new pair of pants and undies, maybe more.;)

I think one thing that we are loosing sight of from the original discussion is there are matters for the courts and there are matters of policy. There are probably thousands of police interactions everyday which are perfectly legal and yet totally unprofessional. Whether people believe it or not, that's a serious problem for the police. They need the law abiding public on their side. When the majority of the law abiding public have eperiences of being disrespected or violated by police then they won't stand with the police when the police need them. And this is the very difficult lesson for many. THE POLICE NEED LAW ABIDING CITIZENS MORE THAN LAW ABIDING CITIZENS NEED POLICE.

I actually don't feel like I'm in an argument. Its just how grown ups can talk to each other. Unlike Vanilla.

As for what a gun being pointed at you is worth, I don't know. If you can prove it cost you a certain amount of money plus the legal fees to prove it then its worth that much. Maybe worth a new pair of pants and undies, maybe more.;)

I think one thing that we are loosing sight of from the original discussion is there are matters for the courts and there are matters of policy. There are probably thousands of police interactions everyday which are perfectly legal and yet totally unprofessional. Whether people believe it or not, that's a serious problem for the police. They need the law abiding public on their side. When the majority of the law abiding public have eperiences of being disrespected or violated by police then they won't stand with the police when the police need them. And this is the very difficult lesson for many. THE POLICE NEED LAW ABIDING CITIZENS MORE THAN LAW ABIDING CITIZENS NEED POLICE.
I think it’s a discussion too. I don’t get to have these difficult ones too often because others get triggered real bad and sometimes ends the relationship. It seems most can’t handle it.

I won’t take any money for the encounter. I don’t want to be a victim. I still remember the days where two guys could have a fight and the cops or lawyers didn’t have to get involved.

Police could use more training. The world changes for the worst every day and they’re expected by an unforgiving public to be on it at all times. I heard one person say that training should be once a week every week for the whole day. A kind of routine training day. I think that would be good.

The “original discussion” was about the penalty for disarming a police officer. Just so we are clear here.

The “original discussion” was about the penalty for disarming a police officer. Just so we are clear here.
Yep. We answered that and moved on. Then things got way out of hand when you decided to start trash talking victims.

You’re such a victim. I’m sorry he hurt you.
I'm talking about the victims of cops which you called Karens if they speak up against the abuse.

Maybe you'd like to inform us of how rape victims are sluts in your next thread. You're kind of on a roll.

You’re talking about what you made up, I’m talking about you.

A pattern over the years, for sure! Every time you dig in your heels and look dumb, this is where you go. I could have told you from the first post this is what you’d do, because you’ve done it a hundred times before.

Can’t wait to see where you take this next.

I’ll reiterate, you’re no victim. If you don’t give respect, you’ll get none. Don’t be surprised by that. Build a bridge and get over yourself. Quit being a loser.

That’s all, for now.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom