anybody wanna drink

M

manny15

Sorry gotta friggen vent here, my oldest son is a drunk, 24 years old and he's a fall down drunk, his wife just up and left and took my grand kids to Idaho.

I told him time & time again that his foul mouth & verbal abuse was gonna run her off, you boys out there in MM.com land who love the drink, you gotta count the cost before you go and hurt the innocent one's like the grand parents.... my heart has been ripped out and stumped on!

Chacha
45fb89d632dec52a.jpg

Dudu
45fb89ff333d8767.jpg

Aw man, that totally blows manny I am so sorry. Cute kids, sounds to me like a #10 Redwing and a couple bags of ice might do the trick. I got a boy the same age, sometimes they need an advanced course of tough love. Hopefully he'll address his addiction before it's too late. I hope you can keep an open channel with the daughter-in-law. I just posted Lets Get Drunk to divert some attention and add some levity from other posts.

You know the drill, give it time...and then give it more time!

Manny, maybe this will shake him up and turn him around? Let's hope so. If not, the mother and your grandkids made the right choice. I would not want my grandkids in any type of abusive situation. My son would be in sooooo much trouble!

Eel

You know I understand havin fun as the next guy, but a 12 pack every night after work c-mon, the hard thing is I never raised 'em like that, he never saw me drunk, those days were over by the time I married his mother, anyways thanks for lettin me vent...Manny

I feel for you Manny. Try to stay in touch with the grandkids.
Good luck. That does suck!

Manny... I shure hope the kid pulls his head out 'an realizes what he's throwing away.
My son is 25 'an a single parant... other way around. The "mom" is a wild thang. It would, in deed, rip my hart out to have that little guy (2) yanked outta my life.
Hang in there buddy...

OH Manny, I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. Alcoholics are so hard to deal with. There is just nothing worse than that helpless feeling you get knowing there is nothing you can do to make that person change. And you sit around waiting, praying, and wishing for them to bottom out and make a change for themselves. I'm just so sorry. Love those grandkids as much as you can and keep trying to get your son help. Hopefully, he'll want it eventually.

At that point (been there), a guy is lookin' at a bottom-out before any healing might start.
Mine was a run-in with the law and the wife and kids leaving for a summer.
The law thing was an expensive victory, but I was a minority, most have serious convictions of some sort who get to the point of dependence I was at. It still lurks.
The family leaving might be enough, never know, or it might add fuel.
Good buddy just went through a divorce, including two kids, and still drinks keg-loads--wasn't enough to make him want to stop.
Figure he's hard-core, only getting arrested and convicted of something alcohol-related or serious bodily harm inflicted on an innocent probably gonna make him want to change, even then, who knows?
Gets his kids every other week.
We're all under the same roof, but the deal is I saved my situation by making the only major change to lifestyle in 20 years in the nick of time. My efforts were judged hard and deemed worthy. It sucked. Don't want to go there again.
Biggest eye-opener I ever took on, but a busted-down ego and the absence of young ones steered me up the hard path. And it ain't easy for that first period of sobriety, a month, a year, whatever. Ain't no happy hour can replace bouncin' a little one on my lap anymore, though.
A guy finds out how few times are appropriate for drinkin' if he wants his family together, especially if he's been a binger for a long time and if the spankin' he gets does sink in.
Love my beer, still, love my family more. Didn't used to be that way, glad I still had some sense left to try make the change when I "got my sign". I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own, that's a certainty.

For now he's enjoying his freedom he went steelhead fishing, but I know his nights are not the same...he got no sympathy from me, but I don't wanna make him jump off the deep-er end either, one can only pray and play it by ear, she did have the decency to call my wife and I last night to tell us she's on her way to Idaho?

I'm gonna try and be patient here...thanks

Manny,
I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I come from a long line of alcoholics/drug addicts. I can tell you from experience that until he is sick of his life he will not change. For me and my family, alcohol is a poison straight from Satan himself. I can't tell you how many stupid things I have done in my life that were directly related to alcohol. It is by God's grace alone that I am even alive.

As a former pastor you have seen God answer many prayers. Prayer is our ace in the hole. And is truly our only answer to Satan's evil plans. I am a living, breathing (for now) example of the power of prayer.

It sounds as though you have a pretty good idea that you can't enable him. Tough love is often the only kind of love to get through to an alcoholic.

For me and millions like me, one drink is too many, and a thousand is not enough.

Prayers will be on the way for you and your family.
Stacey

Sad situation...

Adorable kids...

Hang in there, things will work themselves out.

Sorry to hear that manny. No matter what keep in contact with the daughter in law and you will not be out of the childrens lifes.

horsepoop.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom