Anybody Want to See A Couple Mounts?

hunt1

If anyone is willing to post a couple pics let me know. I like seeing pics of New Mexico animals and I would like to share some of mine.

Here's one from the good old days of a NM Giant Buck by a MM'er no less, Mr. Big Moosie and not the one from Idaho.
It is a 37" buck.
46bd3e910a6cb73a.jpg

hunt1 , pretty good looking mounts. Both , I really like the 3x3 and your oryx is beautiful...

Nice looking critters. Here's a couple of mulies I mounted recently. Wish they were my deer.

DSCF1243ntcr.jpg

DSCF1111cr.jpg

That was my first muley...kinda set a high standard for all the deer to follow. If his back thirds were as long as his seconds he would score quite well. He's a solid 24"er and the oryx is 39" (I mentioned/referenced it on old posts).

Let's see some more New Mexico animals.

Lookin pretty nice nmtaxi. Both are great bucks but that top buck has some character eh...
Just a few weeks and you and vini are AK bound, I bet your crawling out of your skin...
Keep the pics of mounts coming boys , lovin it...

Both of those bucks are impressive. They actually gross score almost identical. Both are around 185. Here is another angle of the typical buck. He is quite impressive.

DSCF1105cr-1.jpg

Here's a NM coues deer
DSCF1038cr.jpg

I got it on there but it's up there right under the other two. I couldn't get it to go under all the others for some reason.

>Here ya go.
>
>
46c0cea52e5f15ae.jpg

>
>
>
46c0cec12f1b9ccc.jpg

How long are the horns on this Oryx? It looks like a 39'er to me!

"WIndage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

Here's a few taken the past 4 years...These deer were taken by myself,my father, and a good family friend and fellow MMer, Mike.

This was Mike's first mule deer(not Mike in the pic)
TheDeerHunter.jpg

This was his second..
bigdeer3.jpg

my dad took this one the next year...
2003_0106NewMex0019.jpg

Mike Took this one the next year
NewMex4point.jpg

I took this one last year...
103_0164.jpg

all out of NM...I'm sure you've seen some of these before but with season the season coming, helps get me pumped!

I really like the last deer...he's a TOAD! You got anymore pics of him? Looks like they all have similar genetics, so can I assume they all came from the same unit?

Thank you! Actually the first 4 were all from one unit and the last one came out of a leftover tag unit last year. Had never hunted the unit but made it happen anyway! i only have a pic of my son with him, actually expecting the mount within the next couple of weeks..can't wait!

100_1789.jpg

103_0157.jpg

Nice buck Jimmy- I hope it's the buck you're mounting and not that cool little fart of a kid.

I don't post a ton of pics on here but yours got me thinking of one of my favorites. Here's a couple of NM farts (mine and my brother's) with their daddy's bucks from a few years ago. In the future I'll take a little more time to pose these kind of pics better since these are the ones that stand the test of time.

Nice pics everyone.

John Q- (formerly T-warden for those of you who know me I'm in the midst of a aquiring a lower profile on MM)

kidsnbucks.jpg

JohnQPubicbanner1.jpg

DanBucks , that is a pretty nice buck you got , I'd sure drop the hammer on him....Good looking mount too...NM

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-07 AT 00:54AM (MST)[p]JImmyAZ- In reference to our conversation about 2B expectations. As you can see, we've never been too big on properly mounting our bucks. It's only been the past couple years I've tried to gather some of my better bucks out of family sheds and garages and basements and to display them. I kinda like the european/skull style, but they don't translate well in photos. I'm just happy a couple of these excaped being nailed to the barn. I tried to salvage a cactus buck my grandpa killed WAY back but it crumbled to dust in my hands (antlers looked like big bell peppers on a stick with a BUNCH of little points coming off like a christmas tree) A crying shame really. No lectures please, I've learned my lesson.

(the one with the mirror is the one I said netted 193 if it doesn't look it. At the time-1985- they told me that it would have made the record book if I hadn't shot it in the head to finish it off and then broke the skullplate dragging it. I had it (baking) in a metal storage shed in Las Cruces for 8 years and it's shrunk quite a few inches- Like I said- I've learned my lesson since then)
housemountscompilation.jpg

JohnQPubicbanner1.jpg

Here are a few pictures of a buck my buddy and I killed in NM back in 2002. He had a couple of in line points in the back fork. Grossed over 200" even though he is not very wide and with the deductions still netted around 190".

46e74f135a382c1f.jpg

46e74f2f5b9f1f72.jpg

46e74f4b5c078da2.jpg

MBBGH

Here is an Oryx I got finished with earlier this week thought you all might like to take a look

46ec23d2483be772.jpg

46ec23e548567631.jpg

My dad does some great taxidermy - he mounted my oryx on a pedestal mount made from mesquite. Looks pretty good...

2748956460074469124S600x600Q85.jpg

2429070800074469124S600x600Q85.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom