Anyone been here?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Rugarm77 and I did a hike a little over a week ago. We were looking for our way into a basin I wanted to look at, but ended up here. Anyone else ever found this little hideaway here in northern Utah?
No real well used trail leading to it. Kind of cool.

7450dscn1074.jpg

9276dscn1075.jpg

9164dscn1078.jpg

6900dscn1079.jpg

1552dscn1077.jpg

9789dscn1080.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

pretty cool looks like you found the great lost rhodes mine j/k
looks like someone spents some serious time placing rocks

You did not notice if there were any special plant growing in the area did you? With all of the crazy pot growers that are being busted these days, I wouldn't hang around a place like that too long. Never know who is watching.

What was in the black bag.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

After reading the post in the campfire about his secret clubhouse, I don't wanna know what's in the black bag!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I should have looked in the bag. I didn't. We looked a little for any "gardens", but didn't see any. That's what I first thought it was, a place someone was using to grow pop or maybe even mix up some meth.

Someone did put a lot of work into it, that is for sure. Kind crazy to find that up in that canyon. Not a short, easy hike either. I was just curious if any other MMer's had found it while snooping around.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I am sure that this place is seen by only a few. When we came to that huge rock slide I figured it was the end of the trail. No we did not open the bag it may have blown up or something crazy !! LOL

So lets here it, wheres this place at? Up one of the front trail heads or one of the cottonwoods/mill creek heads?

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

This isn't as funny as the campfire version. You guys are some good sports. Still laughing.

Well lol thanks BB. The place we went was above Wasatch Blv. Brian had his eye on a draw and wanted to check it out. So we navigated through some neighborhoods until we came to a dead end. We parked in front of a house and began walking toward the draw.

I am pretty sure not a lot of people even hike this area. It was in between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon.

be sure you let the forest circus know about it so they can spend a million bucks destroying it.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Not know where she was held it crossed my mind ( as the pictures was 1st posted) that this was one of the spots that they hid out in.
Could be the spear guy's home away from home.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-10 AT 10:04AM (MST)[p]not tryin to be an ass...i hike around there quite a bit (family in slc) and thats creepy. Its even more creepy if there is no dope and its a polygamist sex cave.

There are alot of homeless people in the city maybe this is their spa with clean running water. Summer home area???

Dude that could have been 100k worth of weed in that bag!~!! I wanna see that place sometime!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Don't mean to be a hater either, but are you sure that is not one of the places where the Smart girl was held? I agree with a couple others... to me, that's creepy.

no that was not where the smarts daughter was held. she was held 3 miles right above her house for the first while then they moved around as weather got colder. the place they held was very creepy though. my sister lives right above the smarts and they used to play at her house every day. founder i have been to the swim hole. been there moore than 20 yrs. some one has built it up compared to the old days.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom