Anyone have any experience in these three units?

Foothills12

I was looking for some info on unit 10, 9, or 44a. Does anyone have pics of the terrain or deer taken from there? If anyone has any experience with one of the three please tell me what your experience was. Mor specifically please tell me your experiences while hunting mule deer.

In 9 and 10, the country ranges from ponderosa pine forest to flats without a tree for miles and every type of transition in between. Both units have mule deer but hunts are typically fairly tough.

I hunted the unit the last two years and I am now going again this year in Unit 9. It is a tough hunt. I hunted in the Northen part of 9 next to the GCNP. It is good in the North but it is a hard hunt. There is water throughout the unit but when I checked this summer some of the water holes were beginning to dry up. Last year I did happen to kill a small buck but I did not see too many deer. The previous year I saw lots of deer but I think the elk are beginning to take over. This year's pre season scouting I saw lots of elk and only abot 10 deer over the course of 3 days. It might be hard but if you stay out and hunt hard you will be rewarded.

Oh yeah I forgot...there is not a whole lot of terrian difference. Not a lot of vantage points and such. In the North it is thick with ponderosa pine, oak, sage and juniper with the only possible vantage point being the Coconino Rim. In the South it really thick with juniper with only a few spoty hills to glass from.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom