Anyone have knee surgery?

utahbigbull

~Z~,thought you of all people can tell me what to expect. Getting the knee cut on the 28th to fix two knee cartlidge tears that have been plauging me for the last two years. Probably microfracture where they shatter the bone and get new cartlidge to grow back. What kind of recovery time and how long on walking stick you guys thinking?

I'm pretty sure cartilage doesn't grow back dude, I don't have nearly any left in either knee but they both feel pretty damn good. My biggest advice is just don't rush the rehab, you're going to feel like a puss with some of the stupid stuff they make you do but they're having you do it for a reason. I'd expect to have nearly all mobility back within 4 months, that's when I'd start hiking my guts out!! Strengthening your quad and calf muscles will make life much more pleasant!!

Give me a ring anytime if you wanna bullchit about knees man, you still got the number?? Also are you going to need to borrow that ice machine again?? I'm happy to say I have no use for it right now so if you need it just holler...

Justr_86 is about to go in and have his knees worked on too!!

~Z~

Thanks Z, of course I still have your number hoss, I will have to give you a call. The Dr. has told me that in the two tear spots, it looks bad enough that after they clean it up, they will do that microfracture crap. He says that it makes the knee bone bleed from the marrow and kinda forms a sub par cartlidge replacment. So I am sure it will be locked up and cant be bent untill that all heals up. Sooner I can get back to normal the better, I have been getting quite pudgy because of my knee making me lazy :)

Your knee icer did wonders for me bud, so good I bought my own and that is what has helped me through the last two years. Sure it will come in handy after the fix too.

I'm having surgery on the 23rd, gonna recover on a cruise ship to Belize.thanks for the trip dad!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have had both kness done and all is well!! Having a good Doc is the key!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

After four knee reconstructions and another needed, I can't say how important it is to take physical therapy SERIOUSLY! Do it and don't rush it. You'll be fine.

Traditional >>>------->

Had the right knee done, need to have the left one done. Not much to add other than to say again how important leg strength is. The stronger the muscles are in your leg the better your knee will feel.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom