Anyone here have a Rokon?

feddoc

Long Time Member
My days of riding on the road are about done.

I thought the Rokon looked interesting. Yea, I know, it's not a Trail 110....

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Never had a rokon, iv rebuilt old tote gotes and blazers. ( the 2 speed tote gote copy). I have one my Dad bought new in 1969. Its on its 3rd motor, and going strong. My personal favorite is a tote gote 660, from the early 70s. I have 6 rebuilt and running now. Nice thing about them is they are compact, and go anywhere. If you come to a log across the trail, you pick it up ,lift it over and your on your way. the trail should be designated of course, (added for Bess).

>Never had a rokon, iv rebuilt
>old tote gotes and blazers.
>( the 2 speed tote
>gote copy). I have one
>my Dad bought new in
>1969. Its on its 3rd
>motor, and going strong. My
>personal favorite is a tote
>gote 660, from the early
>70s. I have 6 rebuilt
>and running now. Nice thing
>about them is they are
>compact, and go anywhere. If
>you come to a log
>across the trail, you pick
>it up ,lift it over
> and your on your
>way. the trail should
>be designated of course, (added
>for Bess). LOL!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

My buddy restored this one. No, he's not a pimp as far as I know.
79278img0009.jpg

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

That's nice looking.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I had one for several years but sold it. If you need to access narrow trails that contour steep slopes, or climb single track trails on steep slopes that are rough, bouldery, etc it is the tool for the job, otherwise a 4 wheeler is a lot more practical. I found it very difficult to haul out say a whole deer and camping gear, even spartan gear, and two trips was usually necessary.

Just to clarify I mean a whole deer that has been completed broken down and is in bags. Hauling a whole deer on a Rokon would be near to impossible I'd say - I'm sure someone will jump on and say they've done it, but it would be a stunt and wouldn't work on a rough steep trail.

My father in law has two of them and they will go anywhere. You?ll need a kidney belt though. The best way we have found to recover game with them is to drag it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom