anyone in chico?

orion23

Very Active Member
Looking for an easy favor from someone in Chico? im over in boise idaho and am looking at a bronco over there. before i go overthere to drive it myself, id like to have someone drive it for me and look it over. Dont necessarily have to be a mechanic but just look it over for leaks, dings, dents, the way it drives, wanders on the road, stops, starts etc. If anyone is willing to help a fellow hunter out, id appreciate it.

Thanks.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

What year Bronco?

Pre "77"?

I had a 71 for 25 years. My son and I re-built it and he's driving it now.

If it's a 66-77 and you have no experience with them, PM me. We should talk. They are sweet, but money pits too.

912007.jpg

3194imgp0714.jpg

1706imgp0710.jpg

4899imgp0712.jpg

Complete body off restoration. New, re-built engine, headers/dual exhaust, lift, dual shocks around, new seats, after marke, 4 core alunimum radiator, 7 blade fan, and much more. he's still only half done. We put a Tom's 6-1 steering box with new power steering unit in 2 months ago. We have probably $15,000.00 into it and it still needs body work, paint and interior.

But they are sweet, go anywhere, bullet proof rigs.

I'm gonna build a Jeep Cherokee next year because they are cheaper, and weigh 1,100 lbs less and I want a desert rig that will "float" across mud. locking diffs, large tires with on-board air so i can let the tires down in mud. I think I can get a solid rid, the way I want it for $7,000-8,000.00 versus the $20,000.00 price tag of a Bronco.

12imgp0715.jpg

I was looking for a photo with engine, trans, exhaust and transfer case in it but can't find it right now.

I couldn't find them so I included a picture of an animal almost as tough as a 66-77 Bronco.

5819dsc00100.jpg

Here's a bronco.

9225dsc00125.jpg

There's some real broncos.

7711dsc00239.jpg

Whoops, my bad......Those are mustangs. Easy for a Ford guy to get confused.

Hope someone enjoyed my druken rant.

The guy sold it this morning. That is a sweet bronco. Yeah if u do the body off resto it's a ton of money. I'm looking for a good drive train fairy straight body and whatever on the interior.

It was a 68 that sold. I'm sure something else will come along soon. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

orion,

We'll keep our eyes open, when you're into Broncos, you seem to see them everywhere.

Usually behind someone's barn with weeds growing out of it. There are still a few out there being driven by 80 year old guys that are stock. Those are the rare finds.

What I didn't mention was the 5 spd manual we put in also. I think it was a NV 3550. Granny, 3 spd and overdrive. Sweet tranny. Keeps those RPMs down on the highway.

yeah, yours sounds exactly like what i want. i dont have the budget so i am just going to try to be patient and hopefully jump on one. Please, let me know if you see something for sale.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom