anyone know about North Dakota

buckmaster_wa

I am supposed to go on a hunting trip with some buddies to North Dakota this fall. One of them has an invite to a friends 8,000 acre ranch on the Missouri River breaks. I was just wondering what to expect as far as the quality of animals that I should look for.

Bow or rifle? Eastern or western N.D.? What are you planning on hunting? A little more information please...then maybe I could answer your question.

All I know is it's where men are men and sheep are scared.(of course that what they used to say about us in Wyoming, but thanks to Brokeback Mountain we have escaped that stereotype). :)

Haven't heard of too many missouri river breaks on the east side. So you are on the west side. If you are bowhunting you better get online and purchse your tag now as NR tags went on sale March 1 i believe. As far as a rifle tag it will take at least 5 years to draw a NR muley tag. As far as animals i would think the biggest would be 160" deer some bigger but if you found one that big you would be doing pretty good. Depending upon exactly where you are at the response to NR hunters varies greatly, some areas they welcome you and some areas you are despised like you brought in the plague. Good luck

there are good bucks in badlands. you will have to hunt hard do some scouting.have taken afew good bucks largest 33 wide 6 x7.4 over 30 wide between my kids an i daughter got a 180 buck when she was 14.
other daughter got a 180 buck last year. both are nice bucks. son got a 5x6 with bow. ya we love to hunt big muleys.have a 239 buck in our business.a friends deer.good luck drawing tag for rifle not good chance. buy bow tag if you are bow hunter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom