Anyone know where you can shoot any more?

Foreman4x4

Very Active Member
Anywhere in the West Desert where a guy can legally shoot anymore? Not gonna shoot tracers, Tannerite, or into combustibles, but do have a couple rifles I'd like to shoot before fall.

Anyone know where I could find a map? Maybe I can shoot in an area that's already burned?..

they close everything???

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Dang near everything. SLTRIB.COM had a map a few weeks ago that shows closed areas and areas still available for plinking. Maybe check the state foresters website. He is the guy that put up the restrictions.

go to utahfireinfo.gov
Click on fire restrictions at the top. There will be an interactive map you can use by turning layers on and off.
The shooting layers are very confusing. I had to email the BLM to confirm just what was what. If I could access my email I would post her exact reply, but I can't right now for some reason.
Basically, the blue areas (target shooting state) are closed to all shooting. The red areas (shooting other) are closed to tracer rounds, exploding targets, steel rounds, etc, but are open to shooting.
To get the exact answers you can get phone numbers and emails to just about every agency from that website.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom