Anyone modify their apps?

Zeke

Long Time Member
I'm just curious if anyone modified their moose or sheep applications.
I'm sure it won't make a difference but I did.... and don't ask me why since I don't have a good reason for you. Gut feel, I guess.
The modification period has passed and we should hear the results in about 3 weeks+/-. Time to get lucky boys!
Good luck to all,
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-15 AT 05:17PM (MST)[p]I didn't change anything, so I'll be hunting moose for sure this year.

Sheep, goat, and bison are long shots.

Good luck in the draw Zeke.

Zeke
Didn't you listen to that little voice in the back of your head?
Lol...with those odds flip a coin! Good Luck All!

Yes junior, I listened to the little voice in my head, looked at the odds, saw the projected tag numbers, felt the tug in my gut, consulted the Ouija Board, got a religious blessing, had my palm read and then rolled the dice.......and then changed my guess! ha

Buzz, too bad you'll only have a couple days to hunt moose this year! TIC! The real tragedy would be if you killed your bull in the first couple days and didn't get to spend a good chunk of the time you have earmarked for moose.

I suppose you're all as "sick" as me and about the only thing we can do right now is dream and wait.... oh, and keep on the workout program since there WILL be hunting this year regardless of the draw results.

Best,
Zeke

When were the results posted last year? book says the 8th but it seems like it was around the 1st.

Stay thirsty my friends

>When were the results posted last
>year? book says the
>8th but it seems like
>it was around the 1st.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

My records show the results were May 9th last year...

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

My points went to zero and I had a successful email for my moose on May 1st 2014 ......according to the photo time-stamp on my phone pics.
The blessed (or cursed) day is almost here!
Good luck,
Zeke

Did anyone else get a email from a outfitter wanting to plan a sheep hunt for the area you applied? I got the email and a friend of mine did with 18 points. so he should draw and im on 14 points so getting close. I have asked other people and they didn't get the email. I found the email odd and very early

>My points went to zero and
>I had a successful email
>for my moose on May
>1st 2014 ......according to the
>photo time-stamp on my phone
>pics.
>The blessed (or cursed) day is
>almost here!
>Good luck,
>Zeke

I rarely get those "successful" e-malls so I usually don't find out until the "official" results come out haha!

Horniac

>Did anyone else get a email
>from a outfitter wanting to
>plan a sheep hunt for
>the area you applied? I
>got the email and a
>friend of mine did with
>18 points. so he should
>draw and im on 14
>points so getting close. I
>have asked other people and
>they didn't get the email.
>I found the email odd
>and very early

Are you implying that the guides have their own backdoor into WYG&F and are getting early results? If so, i didn't receive an e-mail so I guess I struck out again...

Horniac

>>Did anyone else get a email
>>from a outfitter wanting to
>>plan a sheep hunt for
>>the area you applied? I
>>got the email and a
>>friend of mine did with
>>18 points. so he should
>>draw and im on 14
>>points so getting close. I
>>have asked other people and
>>they didn't get the email.
>>I found the email odd
>>and very early
>
>
>Are you implying that the guides
>have their own backdoor into
>WYG&F and are getting early
>results? If so, i didn't
>receive an e-mail so I
>guess I struck out again...
>
>
>Horniac

I don't know how it works but outfitters know before results. I don't know how early they know. Like when I had my goat tag the day before results given out I got outfitter booklets in the mail and on the day of results.

But this seems to early. makes sense my buddy would get the email around results but since I have less points I shouldn't draw yet other than luck.

And as I said I keep asking other people that applied for the same area if they got this email/ Did the game and fish sell out our emails so outfitters can send a massive email. that's what I am trying to figure out

I don't think outfitters have any inside track , the ones I know don't get the results before I do.

I think what happens is two things, some keep records of who applied from prior years and make calls off that. they also can check applications and look at your points which gives them a good idea if you're a good shot at drawing.

Stay thirsty my friends

+1 to what 440 said.

Emails don't cost a thing so I'd bet they are just fishing around in hopes the recipient draws a tag.

I didn't get any emails but I'm hoping to get a few after the drawing... if luck is on my side.

Only 11-18 days left until we know.

It's hard to get anything done right now since it's all I can focus on.

Zeke

>
>It's hard to get anything done
>right now since it's all
>I can focus on.
>
>Zeke

I'm glad I'm not the only 1!:D

DW,
Take it easy D-dub!
You might crash the system if you use that path too often. You don't want to be THAT guy who broke the path! haha
Zeke

I know its to early to know. That's why I stated the email was odd since I know of myself and my buddy got it who has over max points and I am to early to draw

I wish I had "over max" points! LOL

Maybe it's like all the other prospecting emails we get through the year... except this was specifically targeted to potential sheep hunters.

Yes, it's too early to draw but never too early to dream.

Zeke

got one from same outfitter I have 15 points so I've been told random is my only chance kind of shocked me when I got it

Like I said; emails don't cost anything and you can't assume that WR researched everyone to see how many points they had.

Maybe Buzz can tell us if the tag numbers have been approved yet.???

I still can't work, daydreaming is the only cure right now.

Zeke

I just got that e-mail from WRO this morning. It doesn't look like they guide in the unit I applied for so they must just be shotgunning it out to all applicants.

I don't know anything them but I do like their price though, as the outfitters I have talked to in my area are all @ $10K for the hunt...

Horniac

A public info request and a few dollars will get the apps list. Dept approved the quotas, now it needs signed off.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom