Anyone near Poplar?

Lkslayer

Hello all you Montanans! I have a son in Poplar and was wondering if anyone on this site is near that area. He has been there for about 5 months. I would like to know if there are any good areas for deer and elk near that area. We are going to put in for the Elk/Deer combo for 2010. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I am only 30 miles east of Poplar. Poplar is in the middle of the reservation and unless you are an enrolled native, you cant hunt there. I am just off the rez and there are lots of deer hunting opportunities in our area. Lots of BLM and Block Management that hold lots of deer. Sometimes the quality is low, but if you can weed through the small ones there will wventually be a big one for you. As for elk you gotta go west. It is 200 miles+ west before you get to any general season tag areas for elk. All the good units are on the CMR on Ft. Peck lake and are hard to draw areas even for us locals. If you need any more info, just hit me with some more questions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom