Anyone see this movie?

mickeymouseoutfitters

"Nature: Touching the Wild: Living with the Mule Deer"

It's on Netflix. I saw the same guy do the same things with turkeys. I thought both was really good. I think everyone should watch it.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

Personally, I thought it sucked for hunters.

Real touchy feeley and lots of treehugger overtones.

Any non-hunter watching it would be in the anti-hunter camp afterwords.

Just my $.02

So fascinating. There is nothing I love more than chasing high country mule deer, bugling bulls or shooting pheasants behind my dog. Despite these passions I thought this movie was so fascinating and amazing. These animals that we all love to hunt are truly amazing and I hope you all pay them the utmost respect that they deserve.

I enjoyed the documentary, I do agree that it was pretty "touchy-feely". However, I am in agreement that special attention needs to be placed on mule deer and their management to facilitate recovery. Unmanaged wolf population, inappropriate tag numbers, and human encroachment being key problems.

Watched per your recommendation. Pretty fascinating footage for sure. I agree that it was a little tree-huggerish, but overall well worth the watch.

}}-SLIVER-->

Anthropomorphism leads to beastiality. Note the part where the guy is laying in the deep grass stroking the doe.

It must have taken alot of apples and corn to tame those deer down that much.

I think it is anti hunter bull crap.

Definatly a good watch ! I've followed deer, year after year ,summer range to winter range , & found their sheds . Definatly not as intimately as this fellow has but I'd consider myself an avid deer hunter and can certainly apprieciate the time he has taken to see a wider perspective ,to really get to know the society of mule deer and perhaps we all ,even as hunters can learn a thing or two!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom