Anyone Seeing Fawns?

S

Slide

I live in N. Calif. on the Oregon border and I have not seen one fawn this year. I was just curious if anyone else is seeing fawns and if so is it the normal amount or is it less then normal in your neck of the woods?

I hope it's just me, but usually we are seeing fawns with most of the does. So far I have not seen one faw with a doe.

Just curious,

Slide

I have seen very few fawns around here, and I have not seen One doe with twins which is very unusual around here. I was hoping that it was just me, but I guess not. This does not sound good for an already declining herd!

CABugle

CABugle, I know it is hard to believe but I really have not seen any fawns. I live out in the country and we have a lot of deer around our home and there is not one fawn. We went camping in S. Oregon over the last weekend and my boys were spotting deer all the way to the camp site, all together they spotted 15 does and two bucks and no fawns.

It is really odd. What part of the state are you in, North, Central or South, just curious as to how far this reaches?

Slide

I was up in the X5b area 2 weekends ago and did not see any fawns, and this past weekend I went and took a drive over in B-zone and couldn't really glass much with all the smoke but, the doe's that I did see were without fawns. Seems weird but even the with all the deer in town I haven't seen any fawn's either except one that had twins. Good observation but not good for deer herds or hunters. What's going on?

I scouted B this weekend and did not see alot of fawns, but the ones I did see were fresh so I beleive they are just a little late.

I see 5-20 deer every day hiking behind the house and driving. 0 fawns!!! Haven't really paid enough attention to see if the does are still pregnant. Been wondering the same thing since my Wire-hair pup barks and chases them a short distance. As soon as the does drop, they'll be chasing her and I'm a lil worried.

I've seen 7, and my buddy whos fighting wildfires seen alot and mostly twins..hes been in the NW part on state west side I-5.
There around!
rm

I live outside of Redding in the hills,and saw my first fawns(twins)on june 24th,and the does around my house are still prego,I think its a late drop.Ive gotten 4 on trail cams over the last few days,I think they will start coming soon.The bucks around here are all real healthy little suckers and I have been seeing alot more then normal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom