Anyone take crib notes on hunt?

Outdoors

I usually carry a small piece of paper with various crib notes. I fold and put in my shirt pocket. Has ballistics info on my cartridge at various distances out to 600 yards plus point of impact change to expect based on changes since sighted in the rifle (temperature higher or lower, altitude change). Has some notes on judging wind speed, too, with how that impacts bullet.

I would never initially shoot beyond 300 yards but if there is a previously wounded animal moving away from me then will shoot beyond 300 yards.

I usually carry another piece of paper that shows the kill zone from various angles. I created that when my kids were just getting into deer hunting so they had a clear idea of where to aim.

Any one else carry crib notes?

Yup, my bowsights.

As for rifles I don't, its too much to fumble with and if its over 400 I usually won't shoot. Anything over 400 I will be holding off of the animal and I don't like to do that. If there's a wounded animal you don't have time to pull them out. Might work good for some but I don't bother.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Seriously? Crib notes? When did hunting become a high school class.....must have missed it.

How do you keep your pocket protector from hanging up in the brush?

Do you guys have an autographed picture of Lindsey Lohan on the off side of your stock?

I do not use a pocket protector since can not find one in Desert camo. I do carry my HP-15C to get wind drift rounded to 5 decimal places when pronghorn hunting. I lost my pic of LiLo but do have one of Tiffany shooting flying carp. By the way, I never made it to high school but did a 4 year tour of 7th grade so my algebra skills are top-notch.

i have an angle adjustment chart taped to the side of my rangefinder (havent gotten around to upgrading to one that adjusts automatically).

the lindsay lohan pic is on the other side. she looks hot in an orange jump suit.

mshred

Nickman said, "Seriously? Crib notes? When did hunting become a high school class.....must have missed it."

+1

To each his own on that i guess. Personally, I sight my two main hunting rifles in to be dead nuts at 300 yds. I'm 7-8" low at 400 and 20-21" low at 500 with both. Along with my rangefinder, very important, I don't need notes or a calculator to remember those #'s or figure increments in between.

If you practice enough, you should know what you can do and what you shouldn't. I figure that if a buck i want is just going to stand there, out to about 500 yds, he's in serious trouble!! :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom