anyone using high racks in south nm?

Q

qbeamit

are many folks using high racks to spot deer down in the sand hill areas?

i was just curious, been reading alot about that going on down in mexico. wasnt sure if anyone was doing it anywhere..

I think that would b a complete waste of time. theres brush needing looked over in mexico. here in se nm there is no brush. only sandhills. I've found my oil rigs to work great. feel free to use one if I have one up in a good area. the sand hills have millions of blowouts n low spots. the way u do it is to use the vast numer of oil tanks in the area to spot from. just don't go up the tanks with h2s signs n oxygen bottles near them. you may die. oil rigs are good as well. just ask the crews if u can go up when their not using them. almost all the guys will let u if their not working. even with a rig u won't b able to see down in the sand blow outs. you really need to cut fresh tracks across the road n go from there. hope this helps for what its worth.

Stinky, that sounds like a pretty good technique. Would like to try that some time. I like glassing. Maybe I will put in for one of the units that you have rigs in so that I dont get myself in trouble. It would be 2nd or 3rd choice though.

90% of those wells out there are on blm. or state land. u know what that means. its perfectly legal. as a point of precaution its is always better if u also know the guys who take care of the well. that way u don go getting urself killed. some of those things are pretty deadly

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom