app#

Preliminary numbers show about the same as last year minus the dozen NR's on here that continually post and gripe about the new draw system.

Dang as of Friday there were only 70,000 for 65,000 tags I knew it was going to go up but I didn't think that much!!!!

I knew it would go up last minute because there was a "penalty" of applying early because CC got charged immediatedly.

Incentive to wait until last minute rather than let G&F hold onto app fees for longer than necessary.

Do any of you guys know if those number are for all the people that applied and if so how many where res. and how many nr?

From my website.. and G & F...

The Process was easy the decisions were hard!!! You guys know I am typically pretty tough on the Dept of Game and Fish, but they did a great job with the draw this year? Hear are some preliminary numbers..

139,111 apps

4,211 were by phone

600 CALLS A DAY THE LAST THREE DAYS

5,999 Harvest Reports by phone

About 14,000 less apps than last year?

The number I would be interested in see is how many people elected to have the refund... that is where the loss is going to be...
J-

Licencing just told me 150,000 was their best guess for the final tally. An additional cost with the refund is the transaction fee. The dept gets hit on both sides when the license is refunded, in addition to losing the license amount.

PURE SPECULATION... BUT..
I think the odds are going to be even better than what we are thinking because I bet alot of those are sheep hunters that have never applied that are applying for the new tags...

J

If apps are down, someone Please come up with a way to save the outfitters and the econ. of this state! STAT!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-12 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]It looks like 141,000 apps were received last year for the draw. How is there 14,000 less applicants this year.

2011-2012 applicants

Edited - Never mind. I was not accounting for the extra species being drawn for this year as opposed to last.

App #s don't matter. I feel lucky. Hope I drew all my tags! I applied for tough hunts this year! Good luck to everyone!

It looks like 141,000 apps were received last year for the draw. How is there 14,000 less applicants this year.

That makes more $cents to me...lol..less tags for NR, more apps. odds suck x2, and G&F reel in more money.
I doubt we will ever know the money deal, for sure.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom