Apple Imac?

polarbear

Long Time Member
Howdy!
I'm looking to get a new computer and was wondering about the Apple Imac. Do any of you have one or know much about them as far as advantages or quirks?
Thanks!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Used one for years until I got the I book also a very good computer. One of the things I like about them is most of the virses out there are for P.C's and don't affect apple computer. There i-movie and i-photo is user friendly which I really liked because 90 % of the people on this site know a lot more about computers than me. I guess the only really bad computer I ever had was a gateway.

talking to a PC geek the other day he said the same about Apple, mines a dell, probs.......

I have a little laptop I use for work, company gave it to me. I HATE the damn thing! Biggest pos I have ever come across. I guess they are pretty popular right now because people aren't happy with windows vista so there looking for an alternative.

HEY polarbear!!!

I'M NO HELP!!!

THE 3 PUTERS I'VE HAD ARE ALL A POS!!!

DOESN'T HELP TO BE THE MOST PUTER ILLITERATE AROUND EITHER!!!

OWNER/OPERATOR ERROR'S I GUESS!!!

GOOD LUCK ON THE NEW PUTER!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-07 AT 11:10AM (MST)[p] Pbear, as long as you know they will have some compatibility issues with allot of software you are use to on PC's, Apple makes great products, very stable and reliable. You can't get more "Plug and Play" then an Imac.
Having said that, what you pay for that Imac you could get a very good PC.
I would suggest you make list of the most common things you do on your PC and the software you utilize. Then see if there is an Apple compatible version or similar program.

Imac advantages = stable, known configuration, small form factor, Apple software and hardware (just always seems to work)

Imac dis-advantages = Apple software and hardware (Apple proprietary) Limited user configuration possibilities, a fraction of the software or games available on a PC. Limited Upgrade capability (by average user).

Hope this helps

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

I will second Alchase. I have several PC's and an old Mac. If I had my way I would only own a Mac but it is so hard to get software and then there are a lot of sites on the internet that don't support anything except Internet Explorer. I hate IE and only use it when I have to. I use Mozilla Firefox the rest of the time.

Thanks for the info guys!
I mainly use my puter for just farting around, internet, graphics, muusic and some light book keeping. I am just tired of having to re-build my pc every couple of years because it picks up so much crap that I cant seem to get rid of. I really like the looks of the garage band feature on the Imac. It allows you to program and make your own music from scratch. It will even interface with my guitar gear. My wife dosent give a crap about that stuff, she just wants one that is going to be dependable, fast and not have errors pop up every time she tries to do something on it.
Thanks again!
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

HEY polarbear!!!

I'M WITH AZ!!!

INTERNET EXPLORER SUCKS!!!

THEY SET THIS LAST PUTER OF MINE UP ON MOZILLA FIRE FOX & ITS BEEN A LITTLE BETTER!!!

I'M NOT MUCH HELP WHEN IT COMES TO PUTERS!!!

I HAVE TUNED A COUPLE OF THEM UP THOUGH!!!

THE COMPUTER BOYS DIDN'T THINK IT WAS VERY FUNNY WHEN I WALKED IN WITH THE LAST PUTER AND I TOLD THEM I HAD FINALLY FIXED IT!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Haaahaaaa!!!!! That's funny cuz it's true!!! "Would you like a chutney squishy, some beef jerky or a lottery ticket with your tech support"?
Thanks for the info folks! I ordered a Imac 20" yesterday and cant wait to get it!!!
Eric

deerline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom