Approx. what's a unit wide 52 rifle tag go for these days

>LAST EDITED ON May-14-19
>AT 06:59?PM (MST)

>
>Demand is pushing the prices into
>the stratosphere.

Yeah we can thank Mark and Gina at the archery shoppe in Albuquerque for that. Also all these NR paying crazy amounts for middle of the road tags. $6500 for a unit 13 tag, just the tag, insane.

LAST EDITED ON May-15-19 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]What's peoples opinion on how they are changing the landowner elk tag system? If they don't give these smaller ranches that don't meet the criteria elk tags I figure with less supply the demand will be higher which in turn makes prices go up.

To be clear I'm not saying it's wrong, it's capitalism. Just sucks for us that aren't willing to spend that kind of money so we will just ##### and moan about it.

I don't care how much anyone sells their LO tag for, the thing I don't understand is the unlimited RO tags they give to big ranches. I know some ranches that are 30,000 plus acres and once the pressure hits the National Forrest or it snows the elk just pour down into those ranches and the LO can take out as many as he wants to. I think they should at least limit the tags on them.

Imagine if all elk draw tags were transferable.

I wonder what I could get for the VCNP/6B tag I've got...Maybe a new truck? Hmmm new truck? elk hunt? new truck? elk hunt? ? hmmm.

OH! The BLASPHEMES!

LAST EDITED ON May-15-19 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]True that, I got a 16A bull tag 1st rifle hunt this year. Woohoo starting bid $20k LOL

>LAST EDITED ON May-15-19
>AT 01:19?PM (MST)

>
>What's peoples opinion on how they
>are changing the landowner elk
>tag system? If they
>don't give these smaller ranches
>that don't meet the criteria
>elk tags I figure with
>less supply the demand will
>be higher which in turn
>makes prices go up.

# of LO tags stays the same, they just get put to the ranches that qualify. We have a piece of property that qualified so we will see. New system shouldn't change the price any, it's the demand that drives it. Economy must be good, maybe Trump knows what he is doing huh

>>LAST EDITED ON May-15-19
>>AT 01:19?PM (MST)

>>
>>What's peoples opinion on how they
>>are changing the landowner elk
>>tag system? If they
>>don't give these smaller ranches
>>that don't meet the criteria
>>elk tags I figure with
>>less supply the demand will
>>be higher which in turn
>>makes prices go up.
>
>
># of LO tags stays the
>same, they just get put
>to the ranches that qualify.
> We have a piece
>of property that qualified so
>we will see. New
>system shouldn't change the price
>any, it's the demand that
>drives it. Economy must
>be good, maybe Trump knows
>what he is doing huh
>

so say you have a ranch that is 11 or 12 out of 13 on the criteria list, your saying you think those ranches are going to get more tags? I know quite a few landowners in NM and they are up in arms because nobody knows who's gonna get what or how many and supposedly they are getting them later this year b/c the dept is way behind schedule with this deal. They aren't going to have much time

I know my first Unit wide rifle tag for unit 51 cost me $650 now they get WAY over that.
I miss those days.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

all tags have gone up. quick question, what makes unit 52 a poor tag?

*We are all in the same boat, just
wishing to be hunting right now!*

Ok I'll say it...the price of tags keeps skyrocketing due to the death of hunting. How r we gona recruit more elk hunters???? Anyone? Please help odds get lower and prices higher. Lol Hunting is on life support

LAST EDITED ON May-22-19 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]Hey Swampy, Is hunting really on life support if there are 5 guys trying to get each elk license? I think you've got your causes and effects backwards.

You know as well as anybody that the amount of free-range wildlife in NM is puny compared to back east "where water falls from the sky", so yes, there has to be limits on the number of tags available.

If you want unlimited tags (to recruit more hunters), you can hunt whitetail deer in Wisconsin, where you "may purchase additional (doe tags) at a rate of one per hunter, per day, until sold out". They even have a 2-1/2 week long "metro gun season" and archery season runs almost 5 months.

>LAST EDITED ON May-22-19
>AT 09:37?PM (MST)

>
>Hey Swampy, Is hunting really on
>life support if there are
>5 guys trying to get
>each elk license? I think
>you've got your causes and
>effects backwards.
>
>You know as well as anybody
>that the amount of free-range
>wildlife in NM is puny
>compared to back east "where
>water falls from the sky",
>so yes, there has to
>be limits on the number
>of tags available.
>
>If you want unlimited tags (to
>recruit more hunters), you can
>hunt whitetail deer in Wisconsin,
>where you "may purchase additional
>(doe tags) at a rate
>of one per hunter, per
>day, until sold out". They
>even have a 2-1/2 week
>long "metro gun season" and
>archery season runs almost 5
>months.

I was using a very sarcastic tone in that post. It drives me crazy to hear about the death of hunting as draw odds tank each year and lo tags skyrocket. Pure sarcasm not serious

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom