APPS for phones, your favorites

cjboz

Very Active Member
With all the tech talk on here about the GPS and such I was wondering what everyones favorite apps are for thier smart phones. I have a Droid and was looking for games, hunting apps, etc. Whos got ideas? I have a hard time believing that while I was out in the middle of Nevada posted up on a buck looking for info off my app, but in airports, waiting rooms, relatives houses, etc it would be fun.

boz
If you are like many guys here you might want to invest in this one. Losing elk seems like a common thread here.

iPodApp.jpg

I had a pretty useful app on my blackberry once. It made my phone soundn and feel, just like an electric shaver. While that may not sound great you'd be surprised what you can talk your way into with a vibrating shaver. :)

Boz, although it's not really an app, I think being able to use my droid as an ipod is going to be the coolest thing in the world while scouting!! Sitting there glassing for hours at a time while listening to music through the headphones is going to be sweet!! I haven't found any cool hunting related apps though...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

F-pup I already stole your idea and sold it to Gates. He and Stinky are working the kinks out of it now:) I guess Gates bought Stink a LO tag in every state and is depending on his shooting to try the app out. (JK Stink)

The wife may like the vibrating electric shaver app more than I?!! HMMM I may have to load it on her phone.

Music would be good to take along on your phone. I will look into that app? Can you sync it with your vehicle? I have a friend with a Ford and I-phone that are synced for music. Thanks guys

Boz, I'm not sure how to do it yet but was told by friends that we can get the Pandora music app and sync it to a vehicle. Pandora is pretty cool once you set up all your stations though so I'll try to figure it out and let you know. I've downloaded about 500 free songs on my droid2 and haven't even put a dent in the memory so far...the app I'm downloading all the songs from is Music Online Lite.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

For fun it's hard to beat "Angry Birds"... Be careful cause it's addicting ..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

the weather channel APP
Illumination APP (works like a flash light, also does morse code)

and my favorite

The Onion APP :)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-11 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]My kids love angry birds... I went for a hike the other day. Using my droid you can tune in any local radio station using the music icon.
I like the voice testing feature as long as the text messages are somewhat short.

The google voice search is pretty cool to. I was surprised how well it works.

Another one is Vlingo. Hit that and say who you want to call and it will. Takes away searching for contacts. Has other voice features.

If your truck/car stereo has an AUX Input, you can just buy the cable that has the 2 male ends (1 plugs into your phone headphone jack and the other end into the AUX Input) and that way you can listen to your downloaded music or Pandora, Slacker or other App like Music Box (Free App).

Using the above method, you can also use your truck/car speakers during a call instead of a speaker phone and and just set your phone on the console etc to talk HANDS FREE!

As said above...ANGRY BIRDS = Very Addicting!!

There is also a FREE App to give your Droid "Push to Talk" capability called "TiKL Touch to Talk." Unfortunately, this one does not work without a Cell Signal; so I cannot add it to my previous GPS/Apps post for the Back Country.

?-ERock-> ?

I must be a flippin idiot. I spend $170 a month for me and my wife's phones, and don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. I about wet myself when I figured out I could download a bubble level to level the camper. I'm not smart enough to use my phone for what its for.

>I must be a flippin idiot.
> I spend $170 a
>month for me and my
>wife's phones, and don't know
>what the heck you guys
>are talking about. I
>about wet myself when I
>figured out I could download
>a bubble level to level
>the camper. I'm not
>smart enough to use my
>phone for what its for.
>

Lmmfao!!!!

I enjoy the new version of the Cabelas Recon Hunt app for my android system. Even allows you to use it as a GPS only when you have no cell service.

- Austin A Atkinson
www.AAAOutdoors.com

With the game and music etc. etc. that you can have on these things how long does the battery last before charging? I mean if you out in the field with it can you risk playing games or music and still have the battery good for a couple of days? Heck the battery in my phone won't last a day if I leave it on and it's roaming or if I text too much. Just curious if these new phones have better battery life or if you have another means such as a spare charged battery that you would use??

GBA

I have an I-Phone

Love the following:
- Compass (handy)
- Handy Level (use it for the trailer)
- Convert Units (use it all the time)
- Scanner (great for comparing prices real time)
- Survival Guide (handy to have)

Games (great time killers - inlaws, etc.):
- Angry Birds
- Cut the Rope
- Doodle Jump
- iFarkle
- Blackjack

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom