AR15 and FAL Shooters?

TheKnack

Very Active Member
Hello,
Anyone else here shoot an AR15 or FAL?
Recently I picked up a RRA AR15 and it reminds me of my time in the service minus the 3-round burst. Still a lot of fun to shoot.

I also have had a FAL for quite a few years and it has always kept me grinning to send 20-.308 rounds down range quickly.
This time of year it's usually fishing or blasting that keeps me sane till the velvet really starts later in the year.
Anyone else here that loves to shoot these weapons?
I really would reccomend getting one to anyone that shoots a lot.
Best,
Jerry

Jerry,
I was looking at a Olympic AR15 in a gun shop in SLC, brand new they want 599.00 what do you think,it's not a pre ban,but I dont want one any way? Any info would be nice I dont know much about AR's I noticed bushmasters and colts are alot more.
for 699.00 I can buy the Olympic AR with a flat top ready for a scope and it has a bull barrel. But if it's a POS I will spend more and get a better one.
One more thing, the gun salesman told me they are getting 1/2 inch groups at 100 every time, (5 shot groups).
I know all be lucky to get 1 1/2 groups at a 100, or are the AR's that accurate?

Any info from you guys with AR's would be helpfull.

DUVY-
If you decide to get an AR15 make sure it is a forged upper and lower receiver. Usually the AR's in the price range you mentioned are cast and not forged. The cast upper and lower receivers have been noted for many fatigue related failures so I just wanted to warn you about it.
Look up AR15.com and you will find the answer to ever question you have and if not the guys there will answer anything you may ask. A real good site for AR15 shooters.
If you decide to get one you will not regret it. Personally I think the Rock River AR15's are the best bang for the buck these days.
Many AR15's with the right barrel and free floated hand guards will indeed produce bolt action type accuracy.
Hope I was of some help to you.
Best,
Jerry

i had a bushmaster ar-15 for a while, sold it to a guy that paid me way to much for it. wish i'd of kept it. i plan on getting another bushmaster in the next couple months. i've played with most of the major brands of ar-type rifles and i think the bushmaster is the best, just my opinion though.

Thanks Jerry,
I looked up that web site,it was helpfull. I had some questions though so I stopped buy tonight after work. I am going to buy the Olympic AR15 it is 699.00 with a match bull barrel 16" the upper and lower are forged and all models have free floated barrels, the salesman said the Olypic M4 uppers are being sent to Iraq for the military, and he gauranteed 1/2 inch groups, also has a lifetime waranty. If you our anyone is in interested there at Olympic Arms.com good prices.

264 I dont know much about the AR but the bushmaster I held at sportsmans rattled when I shook it inbetween the upper and lower, is this normal?

i've never picked up a factory ar that didn't rattle a little bit. it's just caused from the 2 piece reciever. i used to work at a gun store so i've literally handled thousands of different ar's and the worst (this is gonna get me in a lot of trouble) was the colt. olympic arms didn't impress me much, either, almost certain their recievers are cast. a friend whose opinion i trust 100% really likes the rock river arms.

curiosity got the best of me so checked with olympic arms and they have both cast and forged recievers available. whatever make you go with, be sure to get a forged reciever.

Jerry,

I think you already know my thoughts on this subject!;)

Wanna go shooting this weekend? I'll give you a shout!

My best buddy and I both own 20" flat top Rock Rivers. Nothing but good things to say about the weapon... I remember being a kid, and shooting this friend of my dads ar that had all the bells and whistles. I can remember thinkin, man I'd love to own one that shot as good as this someday. Never thought my dream would become reality.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-04 AT 06:22PM (MST)[p]curiosity got the best of me also,I dont like being lied to just to make a sale. So I did some research and all olympic PCR (new models) have forged uppers and lowers. that and you can see the difference in dullness. But if they have a forged upper does that mean the recievers are forged? Were could i check out a Rock River Ar in SLC area?

WOW Rock River has some great prices just got off there web site now I am interested in there varmint Ar 20" stainless looks sweat. I hate ordering hope they have a dealer in utah.

The Rock River Varmint 20" is the one I have and can highly reccomend it.

Osok- If this snow doesn't get you down give me a shout and we will go waste some ammo.

Best,
Jerry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom