Archery Antelope Unit 13

S

sawtooth

Archery Antelope Unit 13

I drew this tag (which comprises most of the Gila -Reserve east to Datil all the way down to near Glenwood)and am familiar with the southern portion of the unit. Any thoughts on quality and general areas. Rather than spending $500 in gas to drive out separately to scout, I plan to go several days early to scout right before the hunt. Thanks

RE: Archery Antelope Unit 13

I will be there with a rifle later in the year. Save a few big ones.

Good luck.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

saw,

You got a sweet tag! You are going to be amazed at the awesome goats you see. I am pretty envious of you and Fin right now!:-(

I've been looking at the northeast section of the unit (southwest of Datil). It seems to be more classic goat country. Obviously I'm not looking for specific areas, but would appreciate any thought on general areas to start scouting. Thanks

I have had a friend hunt that area three years in a row, and bag one three years in a row.

TT

saw,

I really do not have any specifics, nor do I think you need any. Get a map that shows BLM in the Plains. Hop in your truck and look around and find some water. You will do fine. I will be in 13 in mind and soul, but my body will be in Tardville.

Good luck. PM me if you are really concerned. I really cannot tell you much more than I have. I know you are concerned, but you don't need to be. The goats seemed plenty tame down there.

I have seen some monsters around collins park...
Jason

I have seen some great goats east of Old Horse Springs and also south of cottonwood canyon out in the plains. Good luck

CABugle

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom