Archery Book Cliffs Muleys

Elmacho

Well, I am now without 11 points....

I will be going solo with my son(his first big game trip as a ride along).

Plan to scout the first week of August....

Any hunting/ camp tips appreciated. I should have 9 days to hunt.

Bring the quad or leave it? How hot is it normally? bring a bag shower or a camp trailer etc.....back-pack in?

(Its about 13 hrs from home)

Thanks

Mark

13 hrs?????? Where are you coming from, Texas? I'd hate to drag a trailer that far!!!!! I'd also hate to stay in a tent, in the Bookcliffs in August. You'll have a great time. I'll be there with my son (from tx) during the rifle hunt. Can't wait!

Bring the quads. Miles and miles of dirt roads. Bring lots of extra gas cans, you are 90 miles from the nearest gas station. It is also really hard on tires, bring spares and fix it kits. It is a pretty remote place. PM if you want details of where to go to find the dear early in the season.

I bet it will take longer the 16 hours to get to camp. I live in the SLC area and it takes me close to 7 hours to get to camp on the books when pulling a trailer.

You are in for a very fun hunt, lots of decent bucks, elk, etc.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-11 AT 09:15PM (MST)[p]Esquire RV in vernal will rent you a camper, they go fast for the hunts but if you reserve it now you should have a pretty good chance of getting one. PM me if you want and I can give you some more info on the hunt as well as where to go if you run into any issues (ruin a tire, closest gas stations etc..)

It takes 2-3 hours to get to the deer summer range from roosevelt depending on the roads once you hit dirt. If you have to go to town during the hunt plan on losing a full day by the time you get to town, take care of whatever and drive back out you will be running short on time.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom