archery bull unit 18,28,37,371(colorado)

trophyfever

anyone hunted these areas for elk during the rut. Referred to these by private land owner but totally new to this area.
appreciate any help.I understand also has rifle hunt in November?

I hunted elk in 18 with a muzzleloader ,great hunt,saw several elk. Hunted the Troublesum Basin area.

thanks rem308 for getting back to me. did you hunt last year and shoot anything. send pic. don't know how archery will be but i'm hooked on thr rut if i can catch um at the end of the season. were they rutting?
what kind of muzzle are u shooting. been thinking of getting one.

thanks,

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-08 AT 04:22AM (MST)[p]It was 6 years ago,I passed a 4x5 the first night of the season,and I guess I should of took him ,I saw elk every day of our 8 day hunt but could not get them close enough for a good shot.I am not one to take marginal shots at elk.
The 4x5 came in like I lead him on a rope to my calls,after the first night ,the elk would not even answer.We would hear bugleing in the predawn hours but would shut up as soon as it became daylight.Nice hunt though,not to difficult terrain.We camped on Wheatley Creek.We used David Parri Outfitter from HOT SULFUR SPRINGS to pack us and our gear in and out,he is very reasonable.Also he will pack out your animal for a fee.We were in about 8-10 miles from the trail head.
At the time of the hunt was using a Knight 50 cal,but I purchased a T/C Omega and am going to use it this year for cow elk in NW Colorado.With no points ,a cow elk is the only chance I have at drawing.It takes a couple of points to draw a bull tag ,so I have to hunt cows and mule deer for a couple of years.

thanks for the info. Youmentioned no points but these units are over the counter archery or rifle. Anyway, may also go up by lizard head pass for elk. I have lots of points for goat and deer rifle but i may just go for points this year as it conflicts with Arizona seasons.Also, have 12 points for az deer.
Where do u live. Im in So Calif by way of Montana.
thanks again,

I live in mid Michigan. The points I mentioned was for muzzleloader,it takes a couple of points to draw a bull license andone maybe for a cow in some areas.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom