Archery deer 121, 111-113, 114-115

coyoteslayer

Looking at an early archery tag in these units, should have the points to draw. Looking for areas that I could backpack into for 3-4 days at a time. Get away from roads. I have hunted 114-115 before, but it was in 2005 and I have heard it has gone down hill. I am looking for 160+ type of bucks. Not looking for an exact hunting spot, just want to know which unit, I could find an area to backpack into, to have a chance at a quality buck. Pm if you would like. Thank you

My boy and I have 2 points. I do not want to gain any more points before drawing. The past years, I have looked at 111-113, and 114-115, and some draw with 0 points, but it usually takes 2 to 3 points to somewhat guarantee the tag. I know there is no guarantees in Nevada. Any thoughts on which unit has the best places to hike back into?

The only units you are asking about I personally am somewhat familiar with is 114-115. I dont think 115 would be good at all because pretty much most the deer just stay inside the National Park and really dont come down until snow pushes them out. Now 114 on the other hand Mt Moriah, I believe its mainly wilderness now and I think you would do really well if you had the motivation to hike in and camp and hunt as most hunters arent willing to do that. Like I said I dont know anything about those other units, but I personally think the hike in on Moriah would be the best choice.

I hunted 114-115 a few 8 years ago, and had a good hunt. Just heard rumors that it has gone way down hill. That unit is closest to my home, so if I don't get any info, I will probably go with that unit.

As a NR I hunted 121 with a rifle many years ago. It does not have a lot of "high country" but there are some places that you could pack in away from the roads.
Back then there were not lots of deer, but they also don't give a lot of tags either. So in reality, I am not much help, but I thought I would give you what I know.
Good luck.

Moriah sucks for deer anymore. You are exactly right, it has seen better days. Too many tags. You might find a 160 buck, but that would be about it. Just my .02. I would try the Ruby's. More roadless and better chance of getting away from crowds, and better bucks, in my opinion. Good luck.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom