Archery Elk

COBOHNTR09

Hello all! New to Colorado and was curious if anyone can give me some areas around the Springs that are descent OTC areas? Is the area around 11mile any good? I've been fishing there in the river and it seems like good Elk country and see that it is an OTC unit? Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

I would rate that area as below average if you don't have access to private land. Drive west another hour or so and hunt the alpine a ways from the road. The elk love the willow choked alpine basins in archery season but are easily displaced by hunters. If it was easy everybody would do it.

It would be a good area if it wasn't so easy to get to. It doesn't have very big area's to hunt (chopped up with private) and it's easy to bump into other hunters.
The herd numbers are also low compared to other OTC areas.

There are no OTC areas "close" to the springs area, you will be driving a while to get to them. If I was to hunt the elevenmile area it would only be in a situation where you only had a morning or afternoon to hunt and wanted to be in the woods. I wouldn't use it as my "primary" hunting area.
not saying it won't work for you but I like to keep my oppurtunity % as high as possible.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I would have to agree, the area around 11mile is below average for the number of elk it holds. I grew up around that area and have seen a decline in elk numbers and an incline in hunters, especially rifle seasons, looks like Invesco Field on Sundays. Don't get me wrong, there are elk there and I have killed a couple small satellite bulls, but it's pretty tough and you need a little luck on your side. I could give you a couple starting points pretty close to Springs. Shoot me a PM or email me [email protected]

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom