Archery High Country Muleys 2024

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
I am planning my 2024 trip and would like to burn my 4 points on a unit for high country archery Mule Deer while I still can. I would like to hunt 54 and my buddy who is relatively new to archery hunting, has agreed to join. My question is how available would an early season 54 archery voucher be and what prices have those typically traded at?

That might be a tough find. Last year hunt code DM054O1A (which i assume is the hunt code youre applying for?) had 5 unrestricted land owner tags issued in the draw. Dont recall seeing any on either of the voucher marketplaces last year.

As someone who guides in unit 54… the high country deer hunt has become extremely poor. Very few deer in the high basins anymore. Majority of the deer live in the lower country year round now days.

As someone who guides in unit 54… the high country deer hunt has become extremely poor. Very few deer in the high basins anymore. Majority of the deer live in the lower country year round now days.
That’s interesting. I’ve observed the same thing in other high country units. It seems as recreation and hunting pressure has increased the deer numbers in the high country have noticeably decreased.

That’s interesting. I’ve observed the same thing in other high country units. It seems as recreation and hunting pressure has increased the deer numbers in the high country have noticeably decreased.
Some basins in front range country that look like awesome habitat but are the most used wilderness in the lower 48 are all but void of deer these days… I think it’s from just too much human activity 24/7 as well and not all alpine will hold summer range bucks…

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom