Advice For Texas Mule Deer Hunt

Dobeman289

Looking for some advice from those of you who know better than myself. I have been wanting to do a mule deer hunt for quite some time now, but am limited to my time frame (end of December/early January). I teach high school here in IL and can only really get away over the winter break, at least for the next four years and then I retire. I have been hunting whitetails in IA/IL for many years, but am yet to go on any kind of guided hunt. I have a bunch of hunts on my bucket list but mule deer is one that I would like to do before I retire. Originally, I had planned on possibly hunting muleys in Nebraska in December with my muzzleloader, but just recently discovered the quality mule deer found in west Texas. I have done some research and am finding prices for outfitters ranging from about $4500-$8500. Of course I would like to harvest the biggest buck possible, but I don't want to spend $8,500 to do it. What I really need is a respected, knowledgeable guide who can provide me with a great opportunity to take a "quality" buck. I look forward to hearing what all of you have to say. Thanks.

Your dates don't line up with the general Texas Mule deer season. Some ranches are in the TPWD MLD Program and have a longer season that may line up with your dates. Get ahold of mike at WTHO. He is likely your best bet to put something together.

Your dates don't line up with the general Texas Mule deer season. Some ranches are in the TPWD MLD Program and have a longer season that may line up with your dates. Get ahold of mike at WTHO. He is likely your best bet to put something together.
I see that it runs until Dec 10th. Maybe I was watching some videos of where they were high fence hunting Muleys at the end of December, but it didn't appear so- glassing the hill country for miles. I will be contacting WTHO as well.

I’d go to Mexico. The top end of your price range would get you a hunt. Bigger bucks, super fun experience and no Texans. Win win win.
Ah that was cold yotebuster! Lol

Is it safe going hunting in MX? Not a joke! If you know of an outfitter that hunts MX send me a link. Now are those classified as Desert Mule’s? No matter all I seen from Sonora have been Huge

Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Vargo Hunting

300k acres for free range auodad, mule deer, elk, whitetail and all the Texas exotics.

Back
Top Bottom