Archery hunt near Ashland.

sdmuleybuck

Hi, My dad and brother drew archery tags for this area and I was wondering how the hunting is. They never have hunted elk before and would be very satisfied in harvesting any legal elk. If you guys have any pointers and want to share some information I would glady appreciate it. We are going over there this weekend to do some scouting will post on what we see.

Thanks,
Trent Sonsalla

It is good that you are scouting but after opening day many of the elk will move. The Custer has plenty of elk and some real monsters but latly hunting presure has pushed many of them to private land after the first week. Good hunting can still be found if you get off the roads. As a greneral rule the eastern and norther part of the forest have the most elk. The SW forest has elk but it is spotty and parts are neary elk less. I may have talked to you on the road today.

Antlerradar

Thanks for the info, we did find elk sign in the areas you mentioned to my dad hope they have a fun hunt I will be there for the first 4 days they are hunting to be a extra spotter. Hopefully they will get an oppurtunity. Thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom