Archery Hunting near McCall

T

ToughCountry

This weekend I am going to head up past McCall and Brundage. I will be hunting around Elk Meadows. I have never hunted up there but have heard some good things. I have made a couple scouting trips and have seen a few elk but not much. A lot of the area was burned a while ago so I expect to do some walking and that wont be a problem. I am just looking for an opportunity to do some calling and maybe having a chance at a bull. Anything you guys would have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That is good country! Be prepared for a lot of hiking and the chance of running into wolves (several packs are located around the Hazard lake/drainage area). The bulls will go silent and calling doesn't always produce b/c of the for-mentioned wolves. Spot and stalk is difficult but may be your best means. Check with the forest service before you leave. Some roads and trails past Brundage are still closed due to fire. Also, you may want to purchase the over-the-counter deer tag as well. This summer, in that general area, we spotted two nice bucks camping near some of the lower lakes. I wanted to go back and try to scout them again but fire closures prevented that from happening.

Good luck and post your results....

Hazzard lake side or pollack mtn side. i have hunted the Pollack mtn side unit 23. if you want some pointers if your heading there let me know ill fill you in.

travis.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom