Archery Ibex

T

trophytruck1

Hello everyone, hope the draws went well. I have not drawn a deer or elk tag in this state for 4 years in a row.

I did draw my archery ibex, and I am excited to kill one of these things.

I have yet to hunt them, but have killed everything else in this state other than bighorn, one day, one day.

TT

i drew the same tag. you will know its me when you see someone wondering aaround lost on the big rock. Been there a couple times, some rough country. maybe a 50" will have a heart attack right in front of me. haha

As long as it's the goat and not you. Just shoot three times if your lost, no one might hear you, but you might luckily stick a goat.

TT

trophytruck1, when I was younger a still riding bulls and would draw a bucking sum bich , you'd hear other guys telling me to ##### your hammer and when we would play tough football teams or get into fist fights you'd hear guys saying , you better bring a sack lunch....Well this rock pile takes on all comers , and well you better ##### your hammer and take 3 sack lunches...Cookie , your insane , I'm certain of it ..... I'll go chunk a load of lead if I ever draw it but just can't bring myself to pack my bow, I even got nervous thinking about putting the bow hunt as my third choice...

wow , didn't know I was spelling out bad words , meant to just say KOCKK YOUR HAMMER....GEEZE, DIRTY MOUTH...

Thanks NUTT! I've been working all my life to get people to call me what I am instead of candy coating it!! It WILL be a different outcome this year. Plan on staying longer this year and I will definitely launch an arrow even if it's the last evening and it's just at air across the canyon! I think I learned a few things about ibex last year and have a bonafide game plan,not just hike and pray!

Have hunted the last three years down there on the archery hunt. My advice to you would be ( Stay High ). We did finally kill one last year.
Good Luck

congrats to all who drew ibex.i live within spitting distance of the rock and can't draw.oh well i will watch you guys from my back deck.good luck
icemannm

Sorry to hear it iceman. If I lived there I think I would be up there all the time. Absolutely amazing creatures. I was thinnking about going over there to try and get some pictures but it looks like I won't make it till the end of September. Gotta take my cuz on the youth hunt! I'm sure we will be posting some pics of an awesome billy afterwards!

i hear u cookie they are amazing goats.if u do go to take some pics there are some huge rattlers on the rock this time of year.not to jinx myself but all is not bad i drew 16a 2nd. archery hunt.if u decide to take some pics let me know if u would like some company.

tony

Company is always a good thing but I bet I don't make it till the end of September for my cousins youth hunt. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

cookie by all means take those youth hunting they are the future of what we love so much.last fall i took my 12 yr. old son 0n his first whitetail hunt and had tears of joy running down my face when he took his first buck.anyway the offer still stands if u want company.

tony

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom