Archery Jan. Hunting

On my way to 36 on Saturday. Two guys in our group at there and saw a few tonight. Seems a little slow but this is our first time in the unit. Anyone from that area?

Not from Unit 36 but heard that unit is hot during the end of the rut.Someone said snow in some areas. Temps today where crazy warm in Southeast NM. Was in Ruidoso today and it felt like spring.Good luck Bother:)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-09 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p] Well my cousin Waylon and me had a great first day they may not be booners but in this aera the big bucks get shot in rifle season and when you get good shots in open country you take them.
495d85353b00ca99.jpg

Deer were pretty frisky this morning. Passed on a nice buck that is broken bad on one side. Taking camera tomorrow to get a pic of him hopefully. Next year he will be a stud.
I think I saw him last year and he was a young 4x4 with a real nice frame.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-09 AT 06:03PM (MST)[p]Report:Got on a great 10point this morning but busted me at 31yards(was belly crawling for about 400yards). This is my 4th year bowhunting and it has been I true test of my hunting skills.Going out on tomorrow to try again.Anyone have any luck this weekend??

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-09 AT 01:39AM (MST)[p]Tagged out this afternoon at 1230 in Unit 24 north of Silver City. Shot him at 63 yards, he was rutting hard chasing some does. Piled up after 45 yards. Called them in to 35 yards, he was running with a 1x3 and 4 does. Didn't have a shot at the little one or the 3x4, they turned back the way they came from and i followed them, then he came into view and i guessed 60 yards and let her fly. My biggest one to date. Do not know how to load pics, can anyone help?

pinemesa

I've been reading stuff on this forum for about 7 months and decided to go ahead and register and post. My deer hunt was in Nov. but my wife drew a archery tag in unit 30. Just got back with no luck, We did see quite a few bucks but just could not get close enough for my wife to stick him. We saw a couple of 3x3,4x3 and a huge 12 pointer but it was to far for the my wife! But we did have a great time for 4 days...

Does anyone know if the rut is going on in GMU 27? We will be there around the 7th. Thanks!

Nice looking bucks!

Well me and the wife will be heading out again this weekend for another shot on her archery tag in unit 30. Well see how it goes..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom